Sr Manager - Environmental, Health & Safety
Luxottica Group SpA
Sr Manager - Environmental, Health & Safety
McDonough, GA, US, 30253
Requisition ID: 826690
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
The Sr Safety Manager designs, implements and improves safety programs, leads the facility in injury and illness prevention, and ensures operations are in compliance with state and federal safety regulations for manufacturing and/or distribution operations. The Sr. Safety Manager works to create a culture where employees at all levels understand the importance of these processes and are committed to maintaining a safe and compliant work environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and develops systems, processes, and training for all Health & Safety areas of ownership.
- Provided safety training to associate and management.
- Partners with HR on all workers’ compensation cases.
- Manages the development and implementation of, and maintains accountability for, all Safety systems, plans, programs, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable Safety policies
- Interprets OSHA regulations, identifies impacts and coordinates appropriate changes to onsite safety program.
- Prepares and submit reports for OSHA and BLS or any other official agency.
- Keeps network personnel current on safety issues with reports or joining/leading weekly call with leadership, other facilities, and corporate headquarters.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards.
- Provides technical expertise and support to site leaders, Human Resource leaders, managers, supervisors and employees.
- Implements safety and ergonomic initiatives. Leads employee teams for continuous improvement of safety results. Effectively interacts with managers and employees at all levels to drive improvements and enables them to meet specific business goals.
- Conducts risk audits/assessments by identifying and assessing potential magnitude of risk and creating contingency plans and following until complete closure escalating to the right level in case of delays or problems.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local, state and federal agencies in order to represent the Company in resolving incidents and limiting media exposure.
- Informs in a timely manner management of risks, changes and benefits/costs related to ergonomic and safety issues/compliance.
- Develops, implements and maintains equipment/process inspection programs (e.g., writing protocols, conducting inspections) in order to identify potential ergonomic, safety or security hazards.
- Establishes and leads safety culture through identifying training needs (e.g., analyze trends/compliance), communicating goals and standards, working with managers to educate associates, delivering training or evaluating training programs, and rewarding successes.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 8+ years safety experience in relevant industries
- 5+ years in management of Safety Programs including training
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to provide guidance to Associates at all levels in the organization
- Ability to influence people through strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills and presentation skills
- Results oriented
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Moderate level of expertise in Excel and Word
- Professional and/or industrial certifications in a Safety related area
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Medical, Ophthalmic, Environmental Health & Safety, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Healthcare, Operations