Pearle Vision - Apprentice Optician
Luxottica Group SpA
Pearle Vision - Apprentice Optician
Olympia, WA, US, 98502
Requisition ID: 825709
Store #: 006304 Pearle Vision
At every neighborhood Pearle Vision we believe nothing should keep patients from getting the eye care they need. Consider working for a Pearle Vision right in your community. We look for employees who are creative, energetic, and people focused looking for exciting opportunities in eye care or retail.
The Apprentice Optician attracts and retains customers by delivering an exceptional customer experience, fosters customer retention, and promotes outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction. The Apprentice Optician demonstrates all aspects of the Neighborhood Eye Care Experience.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers without delay. Shows urgency in providing service to customers and satisfying their needs.
- Determines the reason for the customer's visit, exchanges names, and explains how to shop at Pearle Vision. Identifies and escorts the customer to the appropriate location in store.
- Attentive to details; under guidance, reviews prescriptions and identifies special needs.
- Consistently demonstrates adherance to NECE.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly. Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution, focusing on what WE CAN DO not what we cannot.
- Uses the Eyewear Consultation Folder to educate the customer on Pearle Vision products, guarantees and services including: eyewear care tips, complimentary adjustments and follow-up services.
- Under guidance and instruction from an Optician:
- Handles tasks such as taking and recording measurements, adjusting or fitting eyewear carefully and correctly, is thorough and exact in details.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets Pearle Vision' optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
- Trouble shoots vision issues and determines correct course of action.
- Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames:
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for needs.
- Operates the Software system by inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail and ensures eyewear is being processed and followed through on.
- Accurately operates the cashier terminal, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, layaways, discounts, insurance and coupons.
- Ensures customer is aware of expected delivery date of eyewear
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative in keeping the displays and inventory clean, attractive and organized.
- Informs management of potential safety opportunities (ie. broken tiles, furniture, etc.).
- Demonstrates safe work habits.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Registered in State licensure program (where applicable) or equivalent schooling
- Previous optical and retail experience
- Knowledge of State/Prov Licensing and Guidelines
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices.
- Strong communicator and listener to customers and associates
- Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Strong inter personal skills (friendly, caring, patient)
- Sales skills
- Knowledge of store merchandise
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Prior sales training
Pay Range: $15.74 - $21.67
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Olympia
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Fashion Retail, Retail Sales, Fashion, Retail