RxO - Training Coordinator (Manufacturing)
Luxottica Group SpA
RxO - Training Coordinator (Manufacturing)
Lockbourne, OH, US, 43137
Requisition ID: 826439
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Training Cooridnator takes action to make the Manufacturing Facility “The Best Place to Work” for associates. Givea associates the tools/ training to understand and implement work instructions and standard operating procedures within the Manufacturing facility.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, coordinates and provides strong hands-on training to current and new associates in the Distribution Center, Manufacturing and other departments.
- Proactive in identifying training needs and recommending alternative training resources.
- Documents training plans and posts on training board weekly.
- Updates and publishes all relevant training records and plans on a weekly basis.
- Tracks and reports the hours and cost of training. Calculates and communicates the impact of training through the key operating metrics, turnover, and associate satisfaction.
- Assists in new hire orientation.
- Maintains training materials; provides input for standardized Work Instructions.
- Conducts weekly training meetings with team leaders and supervisors.
- Conducts quality and time evaluations for manufacturing associates.
- Conducts annual safety training for all associates.
- Maintains associate training files.
- Ensures facility compliance with ISO 9001 training requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience facilitating/developing training programs in a manufacturing/technical setting
- Self-managed with little supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Optical experience
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Supply Chain, Training, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Healthcare