Target Optical - EyeCare Advisor
Luxottica Group SpA
Target Optical - EyeCare Advisor
Waco, TX, US, 76710
Requisition ID: 826939
Store #: 004723 Target Optical
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At Target Optical, we are on a mission to be the ally that WOW's! all families shopping at Target, by offering an easy and inspiring optical experience, no matter when, where or how they shop - and having a blast while doing it!
We offer flexible work schedules and competitive compensation packages including medical & dental benefits, employee discounts on eyewear, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. At Target Optical, we pride ourselves on building a culture where we focus and invest in people. We are a fast-growing brand and are looking for people who are passionate, enthusiastic and growth oriented. And because we are part of eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, there is plenty of opportunities to grow your career within Target Optical and beyond.
The Eyecare Advisor Member creates exceptional value in the lives of patients by delivering exceptional patient service and ensuring all patients receive the highest quality of care. Enthusiastically satisfies patients all the time through exceptional service.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers without delay when they enter the location. Shows urgency in providing service to customers and satisfying their needs.
- Determines the reason for the customer's visit; in store explains how to shop at Target Optical; in Doctor’s office explains all required paperwork, tests, products and services as well as the appropriate time frame.
- Is attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully; identifies special needs, consulting with optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Shows patience and courtesy to indecisive or difficult customers and patients.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume. Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appointment book/scheduling procedures and computer operation/procedures.
- Handles and files all patient records in an organized and efficient manner.
- Places contact lens orders, processes shipments and properly submits invoices for payment.
- Accurately operates the POS system, when required, collecting proper payment following
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative in keeping the displays clean, attractive and organized.
- Informs management of potential safety opportunities.
- Demonstrates safe work practices.
- Complies with all safety/regulatory requirements ensuring supplies/chemicals are stored and used appropriately.
- Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, prescription and price needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Reinforces customer’s final selection.
- Takes time to help the customers and answer questions giving them a better understanding of available options.
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes the initiative to explain all measurements and answers any questions the patient may have.
- Utilizes clinical and product knowledge, provides coaching and guidance to patients on the care and handling of contact lenses.
- Maintains and disinfects contact lens inventory; provides clinical support to the Optometrist as needed.
- High School Graduate /GED or equivalent experience
- Strong communicator and listener to customers and associates.
- Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Strong inter personal skills (friendly, caring, patient)
- Sales skills
- Knowledge of store merchandise
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Previous experience in customer service, retail or optical
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Optometry, Retail, Healthcare