RxO - Maintenance Supervisor
Luxottica Group SpA
RxO - Maintenance Supervisor
St. Cloud, MN, US, 56303
Requisition ID: 826594
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
Our unique business model and relentless pursuit of operational excellence ensures that consumers everywhere have access to products. Balancing speed, efficiency and proximity, the Company manages a global supply chain with cutting-edge technology, based on centralization for frames and on a capillary network for lens finishing and prescription laboratories. Greasing the wheels behind the scenes, our people in Operations are the backbone of our Company.
The Supervisor- Maintenance directs and controls resources to execute preventative and reactive maintenance on optical manufacturing equipment to maximize equipment availability.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that individual safety is a top priority by adhering to the plant’s safety and environmental objectives and insisting that all safety rules are followed
- Uses CMMS data, reports, and graphics to pinpoint potential problem areas, enhance productivity of technicians and support the improvement in quality that affect breakage across the facility
- Directs and controls resources to ensure work order status is current and accurate, priorities are set, and work is executed quickly and efficiently. Coordinates closely with Production Managers and Production Supervisors to ensure priorities are routinely identified, updated and addressed
- Improves equipment availability by utilizing root cause analysis methods and utilizing technicians to make actions of these efforts successful
- Assesses the technical capability of technicians to identify areas of opportunity for technical growth and coordinate on the scheduling of training, education, or proficiency to bridge the gap(s)
- Partners with planning to improve and update work procedures as well as time estimates on planned and preventative maintenance work
- Responds appropriately to off-shift and off-day maintenance priorities as well as technician problems
- Tracks technician performance to achieve department, facility, or network KPIs. Deliver feedback, coaching or corrective action to drive performance
- Supervises technicians to ensure time and attendance is accurate as well as reported labor
- Coordinates directly with inventory control to update min/max quantities, rebuilds, and to identify surplus and obsolete parts
- Conducts process audits when directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or an Associate’s degree with related experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 3+ years maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated electrical/mechanical/pneumatic skills with a strong ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and building plans
- Knowledgeable in work place safety, LOTO, SDS, PPE, and standard safe working practices
- Experience with battery powered lifts, conveyors, sorters, industrial box machinery, power distribution, industrial air systems, WMS, motor controls, PLC, conduit installation, industrial wiring, 480 volt systems
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, lighting, fire protection systems, sewer pumps, refrigeration, construction and building repair
- Ability to rotate from sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to bend or twist as needed
- Ability to use repetitive motion of hands and wrists as necessary
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to climb and work at heights
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include days, afternoons, nights and weekends
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional
- Professional training/certification (e.g., arc flash, first aid, CPR, ect.)
- Maintenance Supervisory or Team Lead or Foreman experience
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: St Cloud
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Facilities, Supply Chain, Supply, HVAC, Healthcare, Operations