Oakley - Generalist - Human Resources
Luxottica Group SpA
Oakley - Generalist - Human Resources
Foothill Ranch, CA, US, 92610
Requisition ID: 827197
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and accessories.
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to provide them with the very best while they redefine what is physically possible.
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The HR Generalist serves as a first-line contact for employees and managers within the business. Leveraging strong skills in employee relations, HR service and administration, and critical thinking skills, the Generalist is a key partner to corresponding, assigned business groups and supports approximately 500 + employees in a 24/7 high volume optical manufacturing environment. The role is critical in executing people initiatives and providing great internal customer support.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides exceptional customer service to managers and employees, including responding to all inquiries quickly, completely, and professionally
- Ensures timely and appropriate documentation of all personnel-related matters
- Coaches managers regarding policy interpretation, best practices, employee behavior, performance management and development
- Assists managers with risk assessment and issue diagnosis and resolution
- Maintains fluency in and ensures consistent application of company policies/procedures
- Builds a positive work environment and supports the Company’s HR strategy
- Takes accountability for identification, prioritizing, and resolving/escalating issues within established timelines
- When necessary, conducts investigations in partnership with HR leaders and/or other appropriate internal partners
- Provides a proactive approach to HR partnership
- Helps ensure compliance with all federal and state labor law requirements through support of corporate HR compliance efforts, as needed
- Leads efforts for smooth off-boarding process for employees
- Builds partnerships with program owners in the domestic corporate headquarters, in order to ensure the Oakley population can navigate through the appropriate resources
- Supports benefits and LOA processes as appropriate, including return to work process and accommodation requests
- Plays a critical role in engagement and retention by understanding working conditions and concerns of employee population
- Identifies trends in employee issues and participates in troubleshooting and ongoing evaluation of best practices and process improvement
- Works with Recruiting to identify top talent and meet business staffing needs
- Work with Sr. Manager – HRBP on HR/Manufacturing initiatives in support of organizational goals
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or related field
- 3+ years of HR with high volume employee relations
- 2+ years multidisciplinary HR Experience
- Excellent customer service, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in all areas of HR: performance management, compensation, talent acquisition, compliance, and development/management coaching
- Interpersonal and communication skills that quickly establish rapport, collaboration, trust, confidence and credibility with leaders and employees
- Planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, innovative and creative problem solver
- Bilingual required English/Spanish
- SHRM or HRCI certification
Pay Range: $69,309.17 - $95177.13
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Apparel, Garment, Merchandising, Business Process, Fashion, Retail, Management