Human Resources Generalist
Luxottica Group SpA
Human Resources Generalist
Smithfield_RI, RI, US, 02917
WHO WE ARE
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
The Human Resources Generalist partners with and serves as a resource to management to promote positive associate relations that support Luxottica’s HR strategy, including but not limited to: interpretation of company policies, addressing associate performance issues, identifying resources to support managements’ HR needs, and counseling management and/or associates. The HR Generalist also consults on and investigates associate open door concerns and brings resolution to the associates’ concerns in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides exceptional customer service to managers and associates. This includes responding to all inquiries quickly, completely, and professionally. Educates managers by providing consultation and coaching regarding: policy interpretation, associate behavior, performance management and associate development.
- Assists managers with diagnosing and resolving issues through proper questioning techniques and risk assessment. Understands and applies company policies/procedures and applicable laws, to consult with managers on best practices that reduces the risk of the Company, builds a positive work environment for the associates and supports the Company’s HR strategy.
- Takes accountability for identification, prioritizing, and issue resolution/escalation within established timelines. When necessary, conducts investigations in partnership with HR Business Partner.
- Coaches and consults with supervisors delivering feedback in a manner that will motivate associates to improve while also providing solid and clear documentation. This includes review and consultation of corrective action documentation and development of appropriate performance improvement plans. Leverages exceptional active listening skills to issue spot and asking appropriate follow up probing questions. Handles complex and emotionally charged issues with composure by addressing the situation objectively.
- Effectively utilizes computer systems to capture issue details without effective biases (facts only); investigates prior issues and resolutions; and pulls data for risk assessments and trends. Identifies, compiles and analyzes relevant HR trend data, prepares reports and presents conclusions
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource discipline
- 5+ years of Employee Relations experience or related HR experience
- Bi-Lingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent customer service, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent active listening and comprehension skills
- Willing and capable of independently making decisions
- Demonstrates customer sensitivity; including development of consultative approach to resolve issues
- Ability to remain calm and demonstrate flexibility in high pressure situations
- Strong consultative skills and ability to exercise judgment based on core policies and practices of the Company
- Ability to conduct investigations in a neutral manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Federal and State Employment Law
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Collaboration in a team environment
- PHR or SPHR
Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Healthcare