Oakley - Supervisor- Maintenance (2nd Shift)
Luxottica Group SpA
Oakley - Supervisor- Maintenance (2nd Shift)
Foothill Ranch, CA, US, 92610
Requisition ID: 825610
Shift:FHR - 2nd Mon-Fri (1P - 9P)
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and accessories.
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to provide them with the very best while they redefine what is physically possible.
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The Maintenance supervisor must possess excellent leadership and human relations skills, be decisive, responsible, and lead by example. The position will have the responsibility to direct and coordinate activities of Tech Support technicians in maintenance, repair, and installation of all production related equipment. This role will manage a multifunctional (automation, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation) group of craftsmen, in the execution of equipment maintenance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and direct team members in a safe, quality-minded, and productive manner to attain production priorities as scheduled.
- Monitor work areas and enforces safety and cleanliness.
- Supervision of direct team members which include training and development, communication, enforcement of company policies and procedures, performance coaching and evaluation, and written documentation of team member performance issues.
- Align with shift Tech Support Managers, Production Supervisors and Tech Support Leads to establish priorities for Emergency Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance (PM’s) and Planned Corrective Maintenance Work.
- Provide input to PM Coordinators to improve PM task lists and develop planned work.
- Perform quality audits of technician’s performed work for PM’s, planned corrective work, and emergency work.
- Escalate major breakdowns to Director-Maintenance and develop Root Cause Failure Analysis with corrective actions.
- Analyzes work orders, records and performance metrics and generate management updates as needed.
- Demonstrates equipment operations or work procedures to new employees or assigns employees to experienced workers for training.
- Develops methods to improve area operations, processes, efficiency, and service level for all internal customers.
- Confers with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Communicates clearly and directly with employees concerning performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university preferably in Engineering; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills. Microsoft Applications
- Motivated, initiative-taker, analytical skills, interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn modern technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Initiative and proactive behavior in work environment.
- Ability to work more than 8 hours a day, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Injection Molding experience
- Thin Film Coating experience
- Robotics experience
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Training/Experience
- Lean Six Sigma Training/Continuous Improvement Training
- SAP or other CMMS experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Project Management
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, Garment, Merchandising, Apparel, Management, Fashion, Retail