Oakley - Quality Auditor I
Luxottica Group SpA
Oakley - Quality Auditor I
Foothill Ranch, CA, US, 92610
Requisition ID: 827287
Shift:FHR - 3rd Mon-Fri (9P - 5A)
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and accessories.
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to provide them with the very best while they redefine what is physically possible.
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The Quality Auditor will be responsible to conduct inspections for the assembly lines so the products meet the required standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect product while on assembly lines using established criteria.
- Record data and report findings upon completion of inspection.
- Follow all written and verbal directions provided by Quality Lead, Supervisor and Production Leadership.
- Prepare defective samples to be reviewed with Quality Engineers.
- Participate in line startup Set-up.
- Separate and label defective product according to established processes and procedures.
- Provide immediate feedback to Quality Controllers and assembly operators / leads.
- Escalate/elevate repeated defects to Quality Controllers and Cell Leads purposes of investigation and issues resolution.
- Fill out basic data collection sheets for all inspected lots.
- Enter data into database after kit is complete.
- Maintain First Article Samples and Limit Samples physically organized in assigned location.
- Works safely and maintains a safe, organized and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Reports safety hazards and work-related injuries to supervision immediately.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Performs variety of positions in the production area.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed. Not limited to assist within production and assembly operations.
- May be assigned to different workstations as production needs require or shift from one station to another to reduce fatigue factor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out instructions (i.e. operating procedures, safety standards, labels).
- Have a near vision capability to 20/40 max with/without corrective prescription eyewear.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work more than 8-hours a day, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain concentration for long periods of time.
- Quick learners, ability to multi-task, adapt to a quick changing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Self-driven individuals that can work with light supervision as well as a team player.
- Basic Math Skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide). Data entry / typing skills.
- Occasionally bends, stoops, and reaches at shoulder level for shift duration.
- Lift up to 25lbs occasionally throughout shift.
Pay Range: $[[18.69]] - $[[26.01]]
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Data Entry, Apparel, Garment, Merchandising, Administrative, Fashion, Retail