Luxottica Group SpA
Port Washington, NY, US, 11050
Requisition ID: 827441
We are EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Company brings together the complementary expertise of two industry pioneers, one in advanced lens technologies and the other in the craftsmanship of iconic eyewear, to create a vertically integrated business that is uniquely positioned to address the world’s evolving vision needs and the global demand of a growing eyewear industry.
With over 180,000 dedicated employees in 150 countries driving our iconic brands, our people are creative, entrepreneurial and celebrated for their unique perspectives and individuality. Committed to vision, we enable people to “see more and be more” thanks to our innovative designs and lens technologies, exceptional quality and cutting-edge processing methods. Every day we impact the lives of millions by changing the way people see the world.
With a unique global network of commercial subsidiaries and independent distributors across major markets, our customers are offered a strong portfolio of the most popular lens, frames, instruments and equipment brands that can serve every sector of the market. The Wholesale team works with our customers one-on-one, developing professional relationships based on trust and care.
The Demand Planner is responsible for contributing to the profit and growth of the North America Wholesale division by managing/creating forecast for supply planning. The main functions include creating demand plans at the brand/SKU level, performing data analysis, and producing metrics reports that leads to sound and effective decision making. The function ensures consistent service levels to our customers through developing accurate forecasts, tracking their results, and maintaining efficient inventory levels to cover demand. Liaises with Sales teams, Product, Customer Service, Corporate Planning and other cross functional groups to achieve collaboration and consensus and high level of service level to our customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain brand/sku level demand plans to be used in production/manufacturing planning; Research and review sales trends and demand drivers, perform sku ranking analysis’s, and create different forecast models to modify to help improve forecast accuracy.
- Provides Director, Inventory Planning & Forecasting with key analysis and direction of forecasts to maximize decision making ability
- Conducts and provides analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) among product lines and accounts.
- Monitors, identifies and coordinates other internal and external inventory locations to improve supply efficiency and order fill rate.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with sales, marketing and finance to review the business at a Customer/Brand or Channel/brand level
- Manage established as well as develop new reporting metrics for back order, door counts, fill rates, Aging stock, and forecast error to internal/external customers
- Provide ad hoc inputs and analysis to others in supply chain to maximize effective decision making.
- Assist in monitoring inventory levels to optimize efficient
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business/finance, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in a planning role
- Ability to manage/mine data from multiple sources to create forecast, analyze & prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively through data
- Expert PC skills especially in MS office (EXCEL, Access, Power point)
- Experience with forecasting in fashion and consumer goods industries
- Prior experience with SAP and planning software (such as DPM, SAP or other planning software)
- Professional certification (APICS or IBF)
Pay Range: $55,341.00 - $78941.13
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Demand Planner, Supply Chain, Supply Planner, Supply, Ophthalmic, Operations, Healthcare