Gentex - Associate Engineer - Process
Luxottica Group SpA
Gentex - Associate Engineer - Process
Dudley, MA, US, 01571
Requisition ID: 827028
Store #: E01913 Mfg Ops-MFG Engineering DUDL
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Gentex Optics is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses. The Dudley, MA facility is home to Operations, Global Lens Engineering, and Research and Development teams that work together to develop, pilot and manufacture, semi-finished, polycarbonate lenses for premium markets. We also supply coatings, inks, inserts and other innovative products to customers throughout the world.
Our team members bring our mission to life each and every day by helping people see a brighter world.
- A visionary Engineer who will turn ideas into concepts, projects and deliverables and be a change agent in the organization who constantly pushes for new, improved methods and rejects the status quo.
- Provide process expertise and support for daily production with a strong focus in improving quality and yields in injection molding and thin film dip coating.
- Introduction of new equipment and new process development with a strong focus in quality and capacity.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to package and present their own ideas and the successful ideas of others to hourly workers, middle managers and the Leadership Team with confidence and compelling supporting data.
- Be a strong team member who can work with focus groups to nurture creativity and team based problem solving.
- Ability to support and build on the ideas of others while striving for continuous improvement in manufacturing.
- Be an expert project manager who can manage multiple projects in a high pressure environment. Also, to manage cross functional teams to achieve project targets.
- Ability to travel with the goal to benchmark successes in other lens making facilities in USA, Latin America, Asia and Europe.
- Provide expertise and support for various pieces of equipment such as Fanuc, Nissie and Toshiba injection molding machines as well as dip coating processes such as MVS, LVM, and the Coating Lab equipment.
- Improve the operation of the equipment measured by an increase in yields and uptime, and improvement in performance and safety.
- Collect and analyze data derived from the daily operation of various pieces of equipment.
- Develop a strategy to optimize equipment utilization for all product lines.
- Conduct root-cause analysis when trying to resolve various production problems.
- Provide support in the introduction of new equipment and processes including calibration and debugging.
- Support daily production efforts by troubleshooting problems and optimizing equipment usage. When needed or issues arise support 24/7 operation by coming to work off hours and during weekends.
- Is an active member of department and facility teams. Actively participates and shares knowledge with team members and other teams. Challenges the team with new ideas and models good work habits. Attends and participates in internal team meetings. Supports the success of the team and takes initiative and responsibility to ensure the team’s goals and objectives are met. Helps others to achieve and succeed with team objectives and supports the growth and development of his/her team.
- Supports the facility’s policies and procedures and is responsible for a healthy and safe team environment.
- Takes pride and ownership in his/her own work, the facility, and the team area.
- Serves as a training resource. Participates and or supports in the STARpoint system and/or other teams.
- Supports the development of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A 4-year engineering degree is preferred with specialization in Chemical, Mechanical or Plastics Engineering
- A mix of standing and sitting required in office and manufacturing environment. May be required to bend, push, pull, lift up to 40 lbs.
- 3-5 plus years of experience with injection molding and dip coating process, root cause analysis, and lean principles.
- Green Belt certificate is a plus
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Facilities, Ophthalmic, Supply, Operations, Healthcare