LensCrafters - Optometric Technician
Luxottica Group SpA
LensCrafters - Optometric Technician
Selinsgrove, PA, US, 17870
Requisition ID: 827526
Store #: 003726 LensCrafters
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At For Eyes, we are an optical retailer that offers high-quality brands and products with great pricing. We are as unique as our customers and patients. Our diverse team consists of more than 500 dedicated associates across 105 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. Our highly qualified associates are passionate about customer satisfaction. We proudly offer every For Eyes customer a perfect blend of expert eye care and affordable eyewear.
When you join For Eyes, you are starting a career with endless possibilities for growth. We strive for continuous improvement and ways to collaborate to raise the potential of our company. Our commitment is to support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition, and potential to grow.
For Eyes is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames, and sunglasses. Known around the globe for innovation, passion for vision care, cutting-edge technology, and iconic brands, we’re part of the premier company in eyewear.
The Optometric Technician creates exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering the LensCrafters Experience. Ensure all patients receive the highest quality Optometric care. Deliver the store’s key performance indicators by ensuring flawless execution of the patient experience/behaviors during and after the exam process and seamlessly link the doctor and retail functions together.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Display a professional image, greet patients promptly with a smile
- Promptly answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner
- Perform a variety of tasks to assist the optometrist in eye examinations. Tasks include privately obtaining medical history and preparation of patient for examination. Think out loud, asking open ended questions around the what, why and relevance to patient. Perform tests to aid the optometrist in accurate diagnosis and treatment for the patient in appropriate time frame
- Attentive to details; review prescriptions and/or patient information carefully; identify special needs; consult with Optician, Managing Doctor or Retail Management when necessary
- Show patience and courtesy to indecisive or difficult customers/patients
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and patient volume
- Identify situations involving unsatisfied patients and act quickly for effective resolution
- Demonstrate knowledge of appointment book/scheduling procedures and computer operation/procedures
- Handle and file all patient records in an organized and efficient manner in accordance with HIPAA
- Support retention and cultivation of exams including making NEE calls, 24 hour confirmation calls and no show call-backs
- Place contact lens trial orders, ensure no expired contacts and maintain the contact lens room in a neat, orderly and free of clutter.
- Utilize the CIAO system for inputting customer/patient data, insurance information and eye care services with appropriate fees. Enter prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain safe working environment for all associates, customers and patients
- Support compliance of visual merchandising in the exam lanes, assesment room and contact lens area.
- Ability to adapt to various examination scenarios and be personable with patients and staff
- Perform all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; take initiative to explain all measurements and answer any questions the patient may have
- Utilize clinical and product knowledge, provide coaching and guidance to patients on care and handling of contact lenses
- Responsible for maintenance and disinfection of equipment; provide clinical support to the optometrist as needed.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of supplies and contact lenses in exam rooms
- Support retail as capacity and patient demand allows
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of one year strong customer service skills (internal/external)
- Leadership skills
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess priorities, address multiple tasks and deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of office environment
- Strong basic math skills
- Experience in retail and/or optical
- Experience in healthcare
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package. Benefits may include health care, retirement savings, paid time off/vacation, and various employee discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans in the US receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Job Segment: Merchandising, Ophthalmic, Optometry, Retail, Healthcare