Event Runner/Busser | Venice Beach
NeueHouse is the private workspace and cultural home for creators, innovators, and thought leaders. With iconic buildings, timeless design, thought-provoking cultural experiences, and elevated hospitality, NeueHouse has reimagined the ideal environment for creative potential and progress.
NeueHouse currently operates across three different, but equally iconic properties in New York City and Los Angeles:
- Our Venice Beach House (VB) with a deliberate design and a true flair for California’s Gold coast style and demographics, all our environments and teams support, nurture and connect the NeueHouse community in reaching their creative potential
Runners facilitate collaboration between our kitchen and wait staff. Requiring an ability to anticipate the needs of the wait team in both restaurant-style service and event set-up, the role will work ins fast-paced environments. Runners responsibilities include setting tables, serving food orders and removing used dishes and utensils. Observant and efficient, you strive to work within the team atmosphere, ensuring our members and guests receive prompt and seamless service.
Runners represent NeueHouse with hospitality, warmth, and grace in every interaction. In NeueHouse’s collaborative atmosphere you take every opportunity to enhance member and guest experience. NeueHouse’s team is lean and operates with a mindset of “no task is too big or too small.”
- Consistently provide thoughtful and personal service with the goal to develop a rapport with members and guests.
- Ensure tables and floor are set and ready for service.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of menus and be able to articulate to guests in an engaged and thoughtful manner.
- Have a familiarity with the Food and Drink Menu
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
- Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
- Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils, and napkins.
- Serve welcome drinks and hors d’oeuvres, upon guests’ arrival.
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
- Check-in with customers and take additional orders or refill water, as needed.
- Remove dirty dishes and utensils.
- Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
- Inform restaurant staff about customers’ feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
- Work multiple bar activations on the property that hosts several events weekly.
We are looking to new team members who can demonstrate they are:
- At least 1 year of experience as a Food Expeditor or similar entry-level role in a restaurant
- Must be able to lift/move up to 10lbs, frequently lift/move up to 25lbs, and occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by F & B Manager.
- Impeccable customer service by responding promptly to member/guest needs, soliciting feedback to improve service, and responding to all member requests (not just F&B related)
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours.
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends.
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment.
- NeueHouse values diverse educational and training backgrounds in consideration of the role.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess Food Handlers cards
COVID19: The health and well-being of our members and staff have been our number one priority and the guiding force behind all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn more about our commitment to safety by reading the steps we have taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable, and secure, going forward on our website.
Diversity & Representation: NeueHouse is committed to building and supporting inclusive and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
The anticipated hourly rate for this part time position is $25.00 an hour. CultureWorks is committed to equitable and competitive compensation and benefits packages for our team members and will consider many factors when extending offers of employment. Some of the factors we consider may include: qualifications of individual applicants against the position and business needs, years of relevant experience in role or industry, specific or unique skills, certifications or professional accreditations specific to the role, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the role. The anticipated range for compensation shared here does not include any other components or benefits that may available.
- Hourly rate: $25.00 an hour
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snack