Corporate Vice President, Center of Excellence Holistic Financial Planning Case Design Support
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
This role is a hybrid position with a weekly schedule of Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in the Home Office New York City, and Monday and Friday work-at-home.
- Center of Excellence Team Member. This person will support development of resources, and processes for the Center of Excellence Team.
Support efforts to research internal and external case design best practices and align with GuideMe team to offer agents and field managers the appropriate tools for developing their recommendations.
- The CoE team member will also support the FG PM, providing support, guidance, and support progression through the model, as well introducing agents to other models as the finish financial guidance;
- Be Responsible for design and structure of components of Financial Guidance Practice Model, design and execute training for selected field managers, develop a criteria to formalize cases CoE will support;
- Support transition to more advanced situations to include business planning, estate planning, wealth management and retirement.
Develop, design, and improve core tools and processes:
- Design case design templates to assess the financial needs of individuals and help them with decisions on investments, tax laws, and insurance;
- Support tools and resources to help consumers plan for short- and long-term goals, such as budgeting for education expenses and saving for retirement through investments;
- Standardize cased design templates for sound financial plans to ensure consumers meet their goals.
Train and develop staff:
- Continue research, development, and design of tools and processes;
- Train staff and team members, and field personnel;
- Develop and execute Learning support to selected field managers. This may be in person, remote, or e-learning on NYLIC U.
Be coordinator and key link to other areas of agent
- With direction from Team Lead, coordinate with other areas of Field Development and Agency to align team efforts and expectations;
- Zone Management and Zone Training teams;
- Advise field managers and agents on current financial issues and make recommendations to support our client’s goals.
- Help oversee the selection and training of Ad Hoc Faculty Members.
- Research, development, and case design models to compliment GuideMe and support the Financial Guidance Practice Model.
- Financial Guidance Field Manager and Agent support model training & development, Program management, & program tracking & analysis – offer value proposition to motivate agents to complete practice models.
- Project Management (Research and development, training and execution, criteria to support case design).
- Assist in developing the strategic vision for the team and collaborate with key business partners.
- Maintain working knowledge across as many product lines as possible, supplementing this by having good working relationships with subject matter experts (like GuideMe, Product consultants, DMs, and Core product teams).
Articulate customer financial needs and goals including:
- Analyze clients’ financial statuses (e.g. income, expenses and liabilities).
- Examine and suggest financial opportunities (e.g. insurance plans, investments).
- Develop sound plans and budgets for clients.
- Customize financial plans according to clients’ changing needs.
- Linking outcomes to products and other client outcomes needed to achieve their goals.
- Present and position suitable financial products and services.
Collaborate with key business partners to
- Build strong relationships to retain existing clients.
- Generate new business and build relationships.
- Support prospecting and lead efforts.
- Assist field managers and agents in prospecting, approach, and developing credibility with consumers.
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulations, practices, and financial products.
- Proven experience as financial planner or similar role; experience in sales or customer service is a plus.
- Attention to detail and strong math skills.
- Ability to analyze financial information and create a deliverable, while complying with regulations.
- Highly proficient in power point creation.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM systems.
- Strong ethics, with a customer-oriented attitude.
- Project Management skills, proficient.
- Talent development and coaching skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to foster long-term relationships.
- Valid professional licenses (e.g. Series 7 & 66).
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant field preferred; professional certification, CFP or ChFC, a plus.
Salary range: $115,000-$175,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89360