Software Application and API Developer
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Location: St. Charles, IL is the primary location and NYC or Clinton, NJ are alternate locations.
This role is hybrid: (Only 3 days a month in the office is required)
Developer will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of web applications, new interfaces, and webservices, as well as providing support for existing systems. Developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Communicate directly with the service team, application support, and other programmers throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies
- Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environment.
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- Interact with Application Support team to ensure production processing runs smoothly.
- Familiarity with annuity products including Variable, Fixed and Income annuity products.
- Ability to work with multiple teams across the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 3 + years’ experience in .Net programming.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline preferred but not required
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, Excel calculations, C#
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2012, 2016
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Skill Sets, and Experience desired for this position:
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry.
Salary range: $105,000-$160,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89411