Business Execution Lead Sr. Associate
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Remote
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
This position is fully remote.
The Business Execution resources within the Strategy Execution & Development (SE&D) team support Enterprise Projects, execution of key strategic initiatives for longer term growth opportunities, support continuous improvement work efforts, support quality and controls work efforts, may act as an operations subject matter expert, and support functional organizational initiatives either as a project manager or business analyst.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• May act as a business lead representing the Service Operations organization.
• May serve as Project Manager supporting the delivery of Service Operations related functions for the Group Benefit Solutions functional organizational business areas.
• Support a combination of key business analysis functions, including business requirements, business acceptance testing, business operational readiness, release management a business process documentation.
• Engage and cultivate ongoing working relationships with assigned business subject matter experts, project management partners, experience owners, IT partners, vendors, consultants, and third-party administrators (TPAs) to meet deliverables.
• Help to ensure sign-off on project-based documents from appropriate business owners.
• Support business preparedness for execution of all business acceptance testing phases as needed.
• Support gaining business validation of current and future state business models and processes.
• Support business readiness activities in conjunction with project management, IT, Product, vendors, consultants, TPAs and business partners including standard operating procedures, training materials, production support models and release management.
• Identifies process gaps that may require business process management engagement.
• Analyzing and monitoring implemented changes to business processes to determine success or recommend changes.
• May drive quality and control related work efforts relative to reporting, data analytics, incident management and tracking of quality and control functions.
• Support the development and maintenance of quality and controls tools.
• Support the development and maintenance of quality metrics and reporting.
• Identifies quality risks that may require quality Center of Excellence engagement.
• Analyzing and monitoring implemented changes to quality and control functions to determine success or recommend changes.
• May be responsible for SharePoint site / intranet-based site development and ongoing maintenance
• Acts as a change advocate by introducing, embracing, and managing change.
• Brings proven ability to manage time in ways that ensures effective management and execution of competing priorities.
• Responsible for keeping technical skills updated.
Identify mandatory (M) vs. desired (D)
• 5+ years of relevant audit, or risk management and controls work experience. (M)
• PMP certification or 5+years of relevant project management work experience. (D)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills is critical to effectively communicate with internal business partners (M)
• Strong presentation skills: one-on-one, small, and large groups and with peers. Command attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working. (M)
• Attention to detail is critical to effectively handle the technical aspects of the job. (M)
• Deep understanding and knowledge of the internal organization of Group Benefit Solutions. (D)
• Prior insurance (ideally group disability, life, leave) industry experience. (M)
• Excellent organizational skills. Capable of effectively and independently prioritizing multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines. Ability to work well under pressure. (M)
• Experience planning and project management skills. (M)
• Experience in quality assurance and/ or control functions. (M)
• Experience in key quality indicators, reporting and analytics. (D)
• Ability to learn additional business analysis domains required. (D)
• Experience partnering with other business leads and subject matter experts to drive results required. (D)
• Experience gathering, documenting, and signing off on business-related documentation throughout the business value chain required. (M)
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work with many different personalities and styles. (M)
• Demonstrated skill in change leadership, knowledge of change management best practices. (D)
• Ability to influence others across internal and external stakeholders and all levels of the organizational hierarchy. (D)
• Ability to travel intermittently (up to 15%) (M)
This position has a critical impact on Group Benefit Solutions’ (GBS) short and long-range plans and goals for obtaining client centricity which includes the successful business execution of either strategic or functional organizational initiatives. The ability to communicate effectively and achieve positive client feedback has a major impact on GBS’s bottom line.
This position has a significant impact on success of the Service Operations functional organization business areas through the support of both strategic and business area specific initiatives and projects.
This position is fully remote.
Salary range: $82,500-$122,500
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89445