External Wholesaler (San Francisco, CA)
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
The Advisor Consultant / External Wholesaler is responsible for representing New York Life/Mainstay Investment solutions (mutual funds, SMAs, ETFs) to financial advisors based in the San Francisco, CA territory.
- Develop and strengthen a business plan to maximize market share, assets and profitability for the greater San Francisco wire house and independent channel territory
- Present New York Life/Mainstay products and services to advisors knowledgeably and effectively so that advisors can clearly identify the benefits of the products relative to its competitors
- Provide advisors technical information, including a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape, financial markets and industry related topics
- Manage travel and entertainment budget to assigned amount
- Work with sales team to develop sales of mutual funds, SMAs, ETFs, LPs in existing territory
- Travel approximately more than 50% of the time in assigned territory
- Minimum two years' experience in the financial services industry as a wholesaler - multiple products and channels strongly preferred
- Successful track record required of two or more years of experience in sales within territory
- Excellent presentation skills
- Licensed in Securities and Insurance Industries
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of wire house channel sales process/relationship selling required
- Thorough knowledge of MainStay funds and its products that impact the business, as well as sales and marketing strategies
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: No
Sales bonus eligible: Yes
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Job Requisition ID: 89650
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.