Field Marketing Manager
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Remote
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
As part of the broader segment marketing team, this individual would take ownership of specific marketing initiatives of New York Life Investments delivered in multiple territories simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the advisory business and retail distribution model to develop marketing strategies optimized specifically for the territories being focused on to drive growth through integrated campaigns tailored based on deep client expertise.
This role is responsible for the planning, execution and measurement of marketing strategies and programs utilizing a variety of tactics to drive customer acquisition and retention of advisors. Typical campaigns include one or more of the following components: digital and print advertising, web, direct mail, email, webcasts, paid social, and proprietary and 3rd party events. This position partners with cross functional teams including product marketing, sales, strategy, product management/development, brand/advertising, compliance and legal. This role also requires working extensively with our wholesaling team, sales leadership and external agencies in developing messaging, positioning, and strategic plans. This person will perform project management and program effectiveness tracking for a variety of marketing projects and will present to management on the learnings, and results from these marketing initiatives.
General Marketing Responsibilities:
- Drive the creation and execution of integrated marketing campaigns aligned with growth opportunities within individual territories
- Build partnership with sales leadership and sales teams to produce strategic marketing plans
- Ensure marketing executions adhere to firm messaging guidelines
- Ensure alignment of business and marketing priorities, messaging and related marketing strategy and activity
- Coordination and reporting of TPD retail sales marketing budgets
- Help drive in-territory event strategy, planning and execution in conjunction with sales and with support from the events team
- Identify and execute campaigns designed to grow the marketable database across client channels (using client data packs and opportunity analytics)
- Working with media partners, investment communications team and internal brand team to plan, build and execute on media/advertorial plans
- Planning and execution of client webcast events
Skills & Qualifications
- Ideal candidate will have a mix of traditional and digital marketing experience with an eagerness to learn and drive new marketing strategies
- 5-8 years minimum marketing related experience; investment and advisor client experience preferred
- Strong project management skills and a deep understanding of web content and relationship marketing (direct mail and email)
- Previous experience managing integrated marketing campaigns and using data to accurately measure results and identify opportunities to optimize future campaigns
- Experience developing event strategies (internal and external) and ability to design and oversee the execution of a first-class client experience
- Investment/financial knowledge – ideally exchange traded funds, active mutual funds, and alternative investments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and senior leaders
- Must have an analytical mindset
- Adaptive thinking with a focus on objectives
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, drive key initiatives, manage projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Creative and self-motivated individual who works collaboratively in a high performance, team environment BA/BS, MBA preferred
- Experience working in sales a plus
- Experience working for a brokerage, bank, investment manager, consultant, insurer, or pensions/endowment a plus
Salary range: $72,500-$107,500
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
89654Job Requisition ID: