Associate, Group Insurance Policy Forms
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Associate role will be primarily responsible for the preparation, drafting, review and issuance of contract forms. Also, this individual may be responsible for the submission of these forms to applicable insurance departments, when necessary, and responding to departmental objections/questions in order to negotiate and secure form approval. While the main objective will be preparation and drafting of policy forms in a timely manner, the Associate will also be actively involved in assisting with other related general contractual issues within the Division, including related filing and compliance projects.
- Develop and draft various contract forms and related documents for the issuance to group policyholders and certificate holders via third party administrators.
- Research and review laws and regulations and analyze the impact on the Division’s contract forms.
- Determine contractual modifications needed as a result of legislative requirements and/or changes.
- Review, prepare and submit SERFF filings; negotiate approval of product filings from State Insurance Departments.
- Collaborate and communicate with individuals from various areas within the Company (particularly with Contract unit members) in addressing drafting, filing and compliance issues and questions.
- Assist with the implementation of other general filing and/or compliance initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-5 years compliance in the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of insurance laws (preferably group insurance), products and administration procedures along with state Insurance Department filing experience is preferred.
- Legal/compliance background a plus.
- Experience filing insurance products via SERFF a plus.
- Working knowledge of insurance databases such as Wolters Kluwer or Westlaw a plus.
- Strong research, analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Salary range: $58,500-$77,500
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89163