Senior Associate, HR Business Partner
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
This Human Resources Business Partner's primary role is to be a trusted advisor, partnering with New York Life’s leaders, managers, and employees in the proactive delivery of all HR services. Activities include, but are not limited to: acting as an advisor to NYL business leaders by defining specific talent priorities; educating employees at all levels on HR solutions; representing HR’s point of view in all business decisions; and ensuring the business strategy is reflected in the HR objectives. HRBPs partner with all HR delivery areas to identify solutions to business needs and implement core HR programs and policies in support of business strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job effectively, an individual must satisfactorily perform the duties outlined in each section below:
- Work closely with Employee Relations and business/functional areas on ER matters, including field issues such as policy violations, performance issues, job eliminations, etc.
- Provide guidance to managers on policies, procedures, and communications.
Talent & Organization Development
- Work with business leadership to find the current and future business needs to evaluate bench strength in key positions via established HR activities (e.g., Talent & Organization Planning)
- Orient and assist business leaders with key talent development processes (e.g., performance management, career framework, career services, general learning and development of training offerings)
- Facilitate talent development discussions amongst business leadership (e.g., 9-box talent review discussions, targeted individual development planning, nominations for development programs)
- Ensure appropriate talent levels/mix to achieve business objectives
- Work with business leadership to define workforce strategies and plans
- Partner with the HR Compensation function to understand pay reference points and market data
- Assist managers in the annual compensation cycle
Diversity & Inclusion
- Assist management in the identification and development of diverse talent
HR Service Delivery Operations
- Maintain working knowledge of NYL’s data governance policies and protocols
- Gather information from business/functional areas on new data requirements
- Maintain skill set in business requirement gathering and identify new business reporting needs
- Participate in meetings among HR functions and HR Service Delivery Center, as appropriate, to ensure required data are captured and integrated into reports
- Access employee information as needed through direct access tool
- Collect feedback on HR activities from clients to drive process/service improvements
- Respond to general inquiries from employees and direct them to the appropriate HR service delivery channel and direct access systems
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors’ degree is required.
- Technical expertise – 5+ years’ experience working in HR Business Partner role
- HR Functional knowledge – Recognized as a professional with detailed understanding of employee relations, talent acquisition, learning and organization development, compensation, benefits, and diversity and inclusion to advise business/functional area leaders on shaping a work force that meets their priorities. Requires breadth of expertise in HR and broad knowledge of the industry with particular subject matter expertise in Employee Relations.
- Leadership – Viewed by the business as a trusted advisor providing a viewpoint on business opportunities. Effective at leading complex conversations, projects and processes, developing strategies to drive successful execution.
- Communication – Influences others, including senior leaders, in developing and implementing HR strategies; able to present to audiences of various sizes, to communicate complex ideas and persuade, and to negotiate with others.
- Problem Solving – On a daily basis, solves unique and complex problems that require the application of conceptual, concrete and innovative thinking.
- Decision Making/Nature of Impact – Guides decisions in accordance with business or functional area objectives that have an impact on organizational structure, staffing assignments, employee development plans, and compensation.
Salary range: $90,000-$120,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89677