Administrative Assistant - Real Estate Investors
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
New York Life Real Estate Investors (“REI”) has an immediate opening for a Senior Administrative Assistant in its Midwest Regional Office located in Chicago, Illinois. The position provides professional and operational support to REI business areas and an outstanding opportunity to build a career in REI.
- General administrative tasks including scan documents, schedule meetings, handle conference logistics, maintain supplies, create documents, coordinate document execution, etc.
- Manage domestic and foreign travel arrangements; prepare and review associated expense reports.
- Coordinate and prepare various presentations for rating agency meetings, board reports and other department presentations.
- Data entry of new deal submissions, commercial mortgage loan transactions and other critical transaction updates.
- Research and retrieve market data; run various reports or create dashboards on ad-hoc basis.
- Assist with department tasks such as employee on/off boarding, order new equipment, system access rights.
- Maintain a general understanding of real estate administrative functions and procedures.
- Notary Public responsibilities.
- Liaise with the REI administrative assistant team.
- Participation in various departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Manage day to day operational responsibilities for Chicago office, including bill payment, providing basic IT support, coordinating office equipment maintenance, maintaining ongoing communications with office of the building, preparing work order requests for require maintenance.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field.
- 5+ year experience in an administrative, operational or support function.
- Active Notary Public license or willingness to obtain license upon employment.
- Detail oriented, capable of handling competing priorities.
- Team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, eager to learn and takes pride in providing high quality work product.
- Strong technical skills, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, DocuSign, Intralinks, business intelligence tools such as Qlik Sense, and aptitude to learn new systems/applications.
- Experience within an investment operations environment is a plus.
REI, real estate manager for NYL Investors LLC, is a full-service, fully integrated real estate enterprise with $64+ billion in assets under management. Our platform includes commercial lending, direct equity and CMBS. More information can be found at: NYL Real Estate Investors.
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
89659Job Requisition ID: