Learning and Development Associate
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Associate on the Learning and Development team at New York Life is responsible for individual, group, and organization-level learning and development activities in support of HR Talent Management priorities and business talent requirements. As part of Learning and Development, the group designs, delivers and manages all learning initiatives and programs to support New York Life’s talent development objectives. Learning and Development works with HR Business Partners and other HR Centers of Excellence to deliver professional, management and leadership development curriculum and programs for individuals and leaders at all levels.
- Assist in coordinating all aspects of the Accelerated Leadership, Amplify, and Compass programs including event planning, scheduling, material preparation, vendor coordination and logistics, and participant inquiries working in partnership with the program leaders
- Partner and coordinate all aspects of the 6-month NYL-Connect program for emerging leaders including program planning, scheduling, event preparation, logistics, and participant outreach working with the program leader
- Assist with all aspects of professional development program planning, data analytics and reporting to inform data driven recommendations of scheduled offerings
- Work with Learning Exchange team to assess and recommend learning assets to enhance content available through professional development pathways and plans
- Assist with coordination of all aspects of the summer internship program on planning, design and delivery of orientation and all career and development programming working in partnership with other HR partners
- Design and deliver programs on multiple interpersonal skill and management topics (both in person and virtual programming) to meet the professional development needs of individuals and managers
- Assist with the design and deliver of early career programs and obtain certifications, as required.
- Support design and delivery of learning and development initiatives partnering with HR Talent Leads to meet individual business learning needs
- Support special talent initiatives by assisting with program coordination and execution
- Participate in special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 Years of applicable experience (Learning and Development experience preferred)
- Experience in program management including needs assessment, design, implementation, delivery and evaluation
- Program coordination experience including all methods of program delivery (instructor led and virtual delivery)
- Ability to assist with delivery and implementation of learning programs that target key early career development
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail orientation with ability to make decisions with proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working on sourcing new and existing content on corporate Learning Management System
- Ability to research, evaluate and recommend best practices in the execution and delivery of development programs
- Strong team collaboration, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong facilitation skills in program delivery and ability to engage learners
- Coaching experience, a plus
Salary range: $58,500-$85,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89703