Customer Service Representative
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Don’t miss your chance to join our team in 2024!
New York Life Insurance Company is hiring a class of Customer Service Representatives:
Full-time - candidates must be available to work the following schedule:
Monday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am – 7:00pm, 11:30am - 7:30pm OR 12:30pm – 8:00pm
Training and Licensing Requirement: It is mandatory to attend all Sales and Service Center training. including the 40-hour licensing class. You must successfully obtain a Florida Life and Variable Annuities License (#214) within 120 days of your date of hire.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company (NYL) may be the company for you.
NYL Sales and Service Center is conveniently located in the Westshore area; near downtown Tampa. NYL strives to provide best in class service by making every service experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going.
We are looking for customer- focused, accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated and guided by a commitment to service excellence. Customer Service Representatives establish high quality customer relationships using informational resources and technical knowledge.
- Handle high volume of inbound customer and sales agent inquiries.
- Communicates and educates on product features, benefits and contract provision details.
- Ability to handle most customer interactions independently.
- Ability to explain information in functional area.
- Maintains satisfactory level of key performance indicators according to departmental requirements.
- Associates degree or equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum 2 years of customer service and/or call center experience required
- Accountable, ethical, good decision-making ability
- Problem solving / ability to analyze and take appropriate action
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent computer navigation skills and ability to multitask
- High school diploma, or GED from an accredited school required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Prior experience within the insurance industry
Training & Development:
Customer Service Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid Hybrid training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful. Career growth opportunities available.
- Hybrid training – Monday and Friday work from home and Tue-Thu onsite *up to the first 90 days*
- After your training, you will transition to full time work from home.
- Training Hours: 10am-6pm EST
- Must attend and pass the 40-hour FL Licensing prep course certification
- Must pass the Florida Variable Life and Annuities (214) License exam within 120 days of date of hire
- Must live within 50 miles of our Tampa location 5505 W Cypress, Tampa 33607
Benefits/Perks and Amenities:
- Standard- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Vacation, Holidays
- Paid Training
- 401K with Company Match
- Cash Value Pension Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Gym & Cafeteria
- Employee discounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Casual Dress
Salary range: $35,000 - $40,000
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89586