Corporate Vice President - Sourcing Lead
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
This position is hybrid - Tuesday - Thursday in the New York Office and Monday and Friday work from home.
This Technology Sourcing Lead's key responsibility is to drive critical procurement engagements - specifically related to software and related products. The Technology Sourcing Lead in develops, implements and executes a Technology sourcing and procurement category strategy aligned with the NYL Technology teams.
The ideal candidate understands all aspects of the software universe including mainframe, distributed, desktop and all software as a service (Saas) contracts. This includes on premises, cloud, subscriptions and all other software categories of spend. The candidate MUST have 15 years of Technology software procurement experience and understand contracting to effectively face off with the vendors, internal stakeholders and legal. Additionally, the candidate must have experience partnering with internal subject manager experts including risk, insurance, architecture and information security, among others. The candidate must have executive presence when interacting with C-level executives as well as the ability to balance what is right for the company versus internal stakeholder's preferences.
- Articulate, influence and translate strategic imperatives from Technology and business strategies into best in class sourcing strategies and delivery
- Understand overall spend and suppliers, as well as key clients, reporting structures and relationships within Technology and be accountable for the procurement goals and initiatives
- Work directly with Technology to understand strategic priorities and goals when developing future procurement plans
- Assist in the creation and communication of savings targets and programs based on knowledge of overall category and business unit strategy and support savings execution.
- Ensure senior level management understands the outcomes of proposed actions and manage the implementation of sourcing and contract initiatives, including the transparency of sourcing initiatives and related savings.
- Accountable for managing large strategic procurement initiatives and/or programs for Technology
- Assist in the development of sound supplier statements of work and requests for proposals
- Provide and implement process improvement and cost savings recommendations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners
- Provide coaching and guidance to deepen the team's functional excellence abilities with particular attention to business acumen, negotiation, risk, issue and opportunity management and other program management best practices
- Build and institutionalize market intelligence capabilities (people, database, information, analysis) within categories of focus regarding key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study
- A recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset
- Mainframe, and distributed computing knowledge is needed specific to the category. Wide ranging knowledge of technology information systems infrastructure and use, i.e., servers, storage, software, networks, data centers, personal computing and key suppliers in these areas.
- A high level understanding of relevant procurement processes within the Technology category is required including strategic sourcing, category management, competitive bidding (RFx, reverse auction), contract management, purchasing, etc.; must have strong expertise in legal terms and conditions
- Knowledge and experience in insurance industry is helpful; candidate should i.) have a broad understanding of sourcing trends and their commercial application ii.) understand Technology requirements and use this information as an input into decisions and develop and iii.) have strong project management skills
- Strong negotiator and influencer skills ; demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others in a team environment
Salary range: $145,000-$215,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89806