CVP - Team Lead, Investment Proposal Support Team
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Investment Proposal Support team is responsible for supporting New York Life's Registered Representatives and Investment Advisors with the generation of investments proposals designed to illustrate potential product solutions for clients. The Team Lead will be responsible for defining team objectives, establishing key performance metrics and coaching and developing the team's support specialists. The team will leverage deep knowledge of our brokerage, mutual fund, variable annuity, variable universal life and managed accounts solutions to provide guidance to our Registered Representatives and Investments Advisors on the use of our Investment Proposal Tool, support their understanding of various product solutions available to their clients and assist in their use of software to evaluate prospective opportunities while ensuring NYL's compliance with evolving regulatory obligations.
Based on the team's engagement with our Registered Representatives and Investment Advisors, the Team Lead will also be responsible for gathering insights and making strategic recommendations to senior management which inform system enhancements and development of reference material for the field and our training curriculum. The Team Lead will guide the Investments Proposal Support team on strategies and best practices for conducting proactive outreach to our Registered Representatives, Investment Advisors and Field Offices to provide focused training sessions designed to ensure that our sales offices are well equipped to make effective use of our sophisticated proposal generation capabilities.
Responsibilities of our Investment Proposal Support Team include:
- Provide expert guidance at point of call to our Registered Representatives & Investment Advisors as they utilize the Investment Proposal Tool and Rollover Scorecard to assess potential investment solutions for their clients.
- Support our Registered Representatives and Investments Advisors sales process by providing deep technical expertise with respect to the suite of product solutions available to our clients. This includes our brokerage, mutual fund, variable annuity, variable universal life, and managed account products.
- Support New York Life's unassailability - and the best interests of our clients - by educating our sales force on how use of the Investment Proposal Tool helps meet evolving regulatory (e.g., FINRA, SEC, Department of Labor) obligations.
- Gather feedback and insights from our Registered Representatives on the efficacy of our proposal generation software. Leverage this feedback to inform and prioritize system development, communication, and supplemental training efforts.
- Conduct focused outreach/training sessions to our Registered Representatives and/or General Offices to ensure robust and appropriate use of our Investment Proposal tools.
- Act as product owner for the Investment Proposal tool, using high-level perspective to define business requirements and goals and create a vision for updates as a result of NYL product implementations, tool upgrades, and regulatory and operational demand; Communicate with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers,vendors and the technology development team to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- Support the Head of NYLIFE Securities with other responsibilities tied to managing our suite of products and associated vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, or Economics
- 5-10 years of experience in product management, sales support, operations, service, relationship management, or business development
- Prior experience managing a call center operation, either in a service or sales capacity
- Organizational savvy, project management skills, proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must demonstrate ability to work in time sensitive situations dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with wealth management industry and various advisor practice types
- Knowledge of investments and sales practices of all registered products
- Series 6 or Series 7 required; Series 26 or 24 required; Series 65 or 66 preferable (or attained within 3 months of hire).
Salary range: $115,000-$175,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89883