CVP, Electronic Data Operations
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Fully Remote
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The CVP of electronic data operations will lead teams that manage and execute the data exchange process for New York Life Group Benefit Solutions (GBS) clients. The data exchange process is used so support eligibility for group products (Life, Accident, VB, Disability, Family Medical Leave) as well as various administrative services. The leader will be responsible for the teams aligned to the data process for our clients/TPAs throughout the client journey (implementation and in force service) to ensure that GBS continues to meet the unique and evolving needs of our clients/TPAs. The leader will play a critical role in partnership with other departments to ensure we are driving an optimal process in addition to driving future capability needs and building requirements to drive automation that enable service excellence.
- Ensures achievement of all operational end to end service goals/metrics.
- Drives process improvements designed to improve our client experience and drive service excellence.
- Holds managers accountable to be the subject matter expert for data exchange Installation capabilities and provides consultative direction to functional leads for escalated issues or process changes.
- Develops managers through effective coaching and guidance, empowering and enabling strong leadership from each.
- Oversees the managers and specialists to drive the management of various types of incoming electronic interfaces for group products and services.
- Ensures the managers are developing the team to provide consultative solutions to our clients and internal business partners as necessary based on requirements gathering.
- Working with stakeholders to drive efficiencies to the process: implementing interfaces, reviewing test and quality data, partnering with production support and other downstream teams, monitoring client activity, troubleshooting any issues related to data exchange, history and takeover (H&T) process, mapping needs.
- Identify use cases and build requirements to modernize technology to support the continuous evolution in the data exchange process.
- Develop the manager and team to move to actively participating in consultation, educating, and guiding the Ben Tech/Client to the right outcome.
- Be accountable for budget achievement and expense control.
- Lead people initiatives (with HR) including compensation planning, performance management, staffing and employee relations concerns/issues, employee recruitment, training, teaming and employee development.
- Provide consultative direction to functional leads for escalated issues or process changes.
- Cultivate a positive culture – Lead by example; promote communication; create a team atmosphere; celebrate milestones.
- Develop team members through effective coaching and guidance, empowering and enabling strong leadership.
- Drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization to take appropriate risks.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with cross-functional, business partners to ensure client satisfaction and profitability; work with business partners to identify ways to improve business processes.
- Staying informed of the market changes and partnership with our Ben Tech team to drive operations to support the strategy.
- 10 years of steadily increasing responsibility in leadership positions preferred.
- Prior experience working with clients, producers, and/or TPA's preferred.
- Strong planning and project management skills preferred.
- Understanding of systematic layout/NYL layout, and ability to map client file data into NYL specs
- High level understanding of the technology; deep understanding of file processing operations
- Combine domain, product knowledge with technical expertise to partner with IT and create automation and streamline the process.
- Excellent organization skills to be able to multi-task and meet increasingly tight deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results required.
- Have the ability to work independently and collaborate with internal business partners required.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills in fast-paced environment.
- Understanding the capabilities needed to drive efficiencies in the data exchange process, comfortable in translating the IT needs and how it supports the process.
- Ability to drive a strategic view of the future, develop technology roadmap to improve quality of service.
- Strong leadership and partnership skills to influence other areas that enable service excellence.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven record of exceeding implementation and service objectives
- Proven record of driving operational excellence within an organization, including workflow, staffing, and process improvements.
- Experience developing client and producer relationships, preferably within the insurance industry
- Industry experience that allows for broad perspective of customers’ needs and marketplace challenges.
#LI - EM1
#LI - REMOTE
Salary range: $115,000-$150,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89920