Service & Operations Professional 89938
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 4 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Service & Operations Professional
***Hybrid work schedule: work in office 4 days, work from home 1 day***
Our local General Office is excited to find service professionals who support our insurance agents, clients, and management team. As a Customer Service Representative (CSR), you will work closely with our agents as you support their onboarding experience, facilitating the contracting and licensing process. In addition, you will support their practice by managing insurance policy applications as they move through the new business process. CSRs use their solid knowledge of our systems and processes to assist agents with their questions and process service requests with ease. Whether our agents are looking to update a state license, make a change to an insurance policy, or help their client with a service request, you will be equipped to help them do so.
- Assist with the workflow of new insurance policies as they go through the stages of application, underwriting, policy issue, delivery, and payment
- Coordinate underwriting requirements for new insurance applications by interacting with agents, clients, outside medical vendors, and underwriters
- Assist in the training and development of agents in the areas of underwriting and new business (presentations, face to face, virtually)
- Facilitate the onboarding of new agents by processing their contracts and licenses
- Answer incoming calls and greet guests
- Support management in a variety of duties such as preparing for meetings, event planning, creating reports, pulling documentation for compliance reviews, etc.
- Ideal candidate should have experience in a customer service and/or administrative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Associates, or bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Training & Development
Customer Service Representatives receive on-the-job training to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions, and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback are provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Student Loan Repayment Program
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
Salary range: $40,000-$47,500
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89938