Marketing Data Analyst, Senior Associate
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 2 days per week
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
We have an exciting opportunity at New York Life Investments (NYLIM) for a highly experienced and results-oriented Marketing Analyst to join our dynamic Global Brand & Digital Marketing team to lead the strategic direction and execution of advanced marketing analytics. This pivotal role will fuel business growth by translating complex data into actionable insights that inform cross-channel decision-making, foster collaboration, and drive innovation.
As the manager of Marketing Data, Analytics & Insights you will be responsible for creating campaign benchmarks, enhancing the marketing technology stack, and creating comprehensive reports that inform marketing strategy. This role requires a strong analyst with exceptional data fluency and a track record of successfully managing cross-platform marketing plans. You should have a solid understanding of marketing technology, and previous experience not only managing data but crafting digestible stories with strong insights and actionable next steps.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
- Help develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for New York Life Investments marketing data measurement that aligns with business objectives and drives growth.
- Leverage expertise in Adobe and Google Analytics suites to optimize marketing performance, crafting actionable dashboards and fostering cross-functional data fluency.
- Consult on cross-channel KPIs and streamlined measurement plans.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across email marketing, paid media, web, and business intelligence to establish streamlined measurement plans and integrate strategic goals into the broader marketing framework.
- Lead the creation and presentation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting decks, ensuring clear communication of data-driven insights to senior leadership and business partners.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a robust marketing technology stack, optimizing partner capabilities and implementing best practices for seamless cross-platform connectivity.
- Oversee the acquisition and integration of data from various agencies and third-party partners, ensuring adherence to legal, privacy, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide strategic guidance site pixeling for paid media campaigns, optimizing tracking and campaign performance.
- Own Adobe Analytics dashboards and UTM coding/strategy for campaigns.
- Conduct regular audits of dashboards and data files, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing user-driven enhancements.
- Maintain a constant pulse on industry trends and best practices, proactively evolving the analytics program to maximize effectiveness.
- Oversee relationship with third-party data partners like LiveRamp to assist with list uploads, matching, and optimization.
- Partner with the Business Intelligence team to continue to refine our lead scoring models and establish post-click KPIs.
- Conduct a discovery of the current data structure and identify and implement key areas for advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major in marketing, computer science, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics, preferably in a B2B financial services environment.
- Deep expertise in web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), with the ability to lead dashboard development and team training
- Exceptional data fluency and analytical mindset, coupled with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with marketing technology partner capabilities and cross-platform integrations
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into data-driven digital strategies
- Proficient in molding complex data into comprehensive stories with actionable next steps
- Working knowledge of basic media math
- Strong understanding of B2B lead scoring models and attribution modeling
- Experience in building measurement plans based on marketing goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective at managing and prioritizing multiple complex projects simultaneously, with meticulous attention to detail
Salary range: $90,000-$135,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89948