Corporate Development & Strategy, Senior Associate
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Corporate Development and Strategy team works closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to help define & articulate business strategy and support oversight and execution of key enterprise strategic initiatives and other large / complex programs. This team works closely with Finance, Technology and other key stakeholders to drive the annual planning process. In addition, the team supports key decision-making forums and senior executive/Board meetings; partners with Senior Leaders in the various business and functional areas to support development and execution of strategic initiatives within those areas. The team’s role typically includes framing and assessing complex business problems, developing recommendations, partnering with line managers to drive execution, facilitating governance and communication processes, and playing a key role in informing and influencing decision making.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent intellectual & analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem-solving skills, strong communications & influencing capabilities, a robust strategy & change management toolkit and a passion to effect change across the organization.
Thought Leadership & Advisory:
- Frame and analyze complex problems
- Assess areas of opportunity, in line with overall vision and strategy
- Develop pragmatic solutions to key strategic and operational issues
- Develop & present recommendations to senior leadership
Strategic Planning Office & Executive Communication:
- Support strategic planning processes, including interdependencies between key business, technology and financial planning processes
- Facilitate structured reviews of the enterprise portfolio of strategic initiatives & implications (e.g., budget considerations, resource allocation, etc.)
- Support agenda and materials development for senior executive audiences & meetings e.g., Board Meetings, Executive Offsites, etc.
- Approach projects holistically, owning and driving end-to-end delivery of solutions with guidance from senior team members
- Lead execution of key enterprise initiatives by forming collaborative partnerships with colleagues across businesses and functional areas
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in relevant areas (e.g., Digital Transformation, Robotics, Risk and Compliance, etc.)
- Manage enterprise governance and communication processes
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 2-3 years in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities
- Strong communication skills including experience in developing C-suite presentations
- Experience in financial services preferred, insurance expertise is a plus
- Experience in structuring & delivering technology strategy projects and a broad understanding of current technology practices (Agile, Cloud Computing/SaaS, Enterprise Data Management, etc.) & emerging trends (Robotics/AI, InsurTech, etc.) is desired
- Collaborative work style / leadership presence with ability to effectively interact with & earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Project and process management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Executive presence; self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to the work, and a passion to deliver results
Salary range: $105,000-$160,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89950