Group Benefit Solutions - Service Intern
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
New York Life is seeking a highly organized and innovative thinker to join our Group Benefit Solutions (GBS) Service Summer Internship program! Our 10-week program running from May 2024 to August 2024 offers an exciting opportunity for rising juniors and seniors looking to gain exposure to a corporate environment. As a summer intern, you’ll contribute to the success of various strategic initiatives, attend learning and development activities, gain insight into our business and how our company functions, and participate in additional networking opportunities.
This internship opportunity will be hybrid, located at our Philadelphia, PA office.
Are you a strategic thinker, creative, hardworking, and want to learn more about a career in a Service organization?
We're seeking a Service Intern to join our Strategy & Planning team for the summer. As a Service Intern, you will have the chance to gain hands-on experience in the world of service, strategy and planning and support various efforts intended to deliver service excellence in the moments that matter to our clients and customers.
How You'll Grow:
- Join a team that support key initiatives for customer and client facing functions
- Enhance the process for capturing regular status updates for projects across Service
- Gather inputs and help design/implement tools used for self-service career progression within Service
- Assist with budgeting requests and support Service Project Portfolio Reporting:
- Assist with creating standardized reports
- Recommend improvements on formatting/readability
- Share value-add functionality aimed at improving processes
- Work directly with Project Managers for all core initiatives to gather input and share perspective
- Provide recommendations on the design of the Intake process and help revamp where appropriate
- Measure the value of our work in terms of benefit, risk, and cost (including capacity)
- Assist with the development/enhancement of Excel driven staffing models to determine appropriate resource capacity
- Provide an accessible format and maintenance of core documentation for the department: Communications, Marketing Materials, Key Presentations, etc.
- Provide insight into better ways of balancing onsite work and virtual collaboration
- Support efforts to analyze call data in order to identify key insights and trends in customer interactions
- Support efforts to streamline employee time management and enable the optimal allocation of people and resources in the organization
- Assist in the GBS Service intranet buildout
What You'll Bring:
- Must be a rising junior or senior at an accredited 4-year university or college, pursuing a degree in General Business or a related field
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- An interest in pursuing any of the following careers: service, project management, process engineering, change management, business leadership, technology projects, strategic management
- Experience in leadership roles or participation in campus/community extracurricular activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative
- Comfortable partnering with business leads, subject matter experts, and IT professionals to drive results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Results driven, quick leaner and ability to establish credibility with varied audiences
- A highly organized, energetic, and creative professional
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at New York Life are guiding principles that are embedded in our brand and in our culture; DEI expands far beyond the walls of our company. Our commitment to diversity does not stop at our employees, but rather, it is our employees — a committed workforce that represents every community and inspires real change within. Click here to learn more about how you can be a part of our dedicated effort to foster DEI within both our workplaces and your community(ies).
Salary range: $21 per hour
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
This position is eligible for health and wellness benefits including but not limited to paid vacation, health care insurance and flexible spending accounts, 401K match, and tuition assistance/student loan repayment program.
Please note: At this time, employees of Group Benefit Solutions can be considered for open positions within Group Benefit Solutions only. Applications from Group Benefit Solutions employees for open positions within other New York Life businesses are unable to be considered.