Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center for Awareness and Advocacy (DEI Center) supports New York Life’s commitment to being an employer of choice by attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce. We aim to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification can maximize their potential. The DEI Center supports New York Life’s inclusive culture by integrating DEI into our approach to educating, engaging, and developing employees.
The DEI Center Associate is a member of the dynamic DEI Center team and will provide support for DEI Center programming.
- DEI Programming
- Collaborate with DEI colleagues on event planning logistics, determining requirements, securing dates at conference centers, and partnering with learning operations for registration links, enrollment monitoring and other administrative tasks.
- Coordinate and schedule monthly coaching development offerings.
- Assist in the ongoing activity related to Coming Together, New York Life’s courageous conversations program.
- Support ongoing activity related to DEI Advocacy Programs.
- Support ongoing activity related to ERG Programs.
- Data and Information Management
- Maintain the DEI calendar for upcoming events, collaborating to schedule and minimize overlap or conflicts with other HR Learning or company events.
- Maintain DEI intranet pages; collaborate closely with program leads to ensure information is always current and timely.
- Manage the DEI Center inbox and mailing list(s), including daily email reviews, ensuring timely responses to all inquiries, and handling distribution of DEI communications to designated mailing lists.
- Coordinate contracts and speakers with legal, communications, and DEI Leads.
- Coordinate the updating of all programming data in Success Factors.
- Handle additional projects and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year work experience; work in diversity, equity & inclusion is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Sound judgment, strong problem solving and decision-making skills, and high ethical standards
- Ability to influence without authority
Salary range: $47,500-$72,500
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 90008