Director, National Account Management
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Fully Remote
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Director, National Account Management, will manage a team of service professionals responsible for the execution of service delivery for our national account client segment (i.e., employers with 5K+ lives). The leader is responsible for ensuring service resources are aligned to meet the unique needs of inforce clients in this segment, providing top tier service and support as a point of differentiation in the group benefits marketplace. This role reports to the Corporate Vice President, National Account Service.
The Director has oversight for a team consisting of 12 – 15+ National Account Managers and specialty service associates who manage end-to-end service delivery for inforce clients, including complex changes to existing policies. The ideal candidate will possess superior communication and collaboration skills with a bias for action and accountability to drive service excellence as the standard. The leader will ensure the department is on track to meet organizational goals, leveraging KPI’s to measure performance and ensure alignment with client expectations and corporate growth objectives.
- Serve as a functional leader, providing guidance and coaching to direct reports.
- Manage adherence to productivity, quality and Voice of the Customer targets and established service levels.
- Develop strong relationships with distribution partners to build trust around scope of team responsibilities, including ownership of the inforce service delivery experience.
- Develop and maintain effective business partnerships with all matrix units to ensure cohesive execution of service across the client value chain.
- Serve as escalation contact for clients and brokers to drive timely issue resolution.
- Recruit top talent and cultivate a high potential culture within team by supporting career growth and professional development.
- Partner with department head and HR/shared services on people management activities, including performance management, talent review, compensation planning, staffing, recruiting, training, coaching, and engagement.
- Support department head with adherence to budget and staffing plans, identifying operational expense efficiencies where possible.
- Leverage continuous improvement to reduce process friction and drive improved client outcomes.
- Contribute to projects and initiatives in support of Client Services transformation, including enhancements to administrative platforms and client-facing technology.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of steadily increasing responsibility in leadership positions, preferably within the group insurance industry.
- Experience building high-performing teams through recruiting, talent development, and change management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with ability to influence peers/partners.
- Experience developing client and broker relationships, preferably within the insurance industry.
- Group benefits product knowledge, including life and AD&D, absence management, and voluntary benefits.
- Experience driving operational efficiencies, including workflow, staffing, and process improvements.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
It is recommended that all qualified candidates apply to this posting as soon as possible. Residents of Colorado are hereby notified that the deadline to apply is 2 weeks from the Posting Date listed above.
Salary range: $82,500-$122,500
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89986