Dev Lead (Full-stack) - Senior Associate
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per month
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Dev Lead (Full Stack)
We are looking for a Dev Lead (Full-stack) to design and execute our company’s modern software development strategy. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of Insurance applications in the cloud. You will be responsible for the development of the applications in various areas of insurance such as underwriting, risk, pricing and more using modern programming languages to be hosted on cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Azure etc. You will be responsible for the design and deployment of scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems. You will also be responsible for the evaluation of key attributes of existing application architectures, evolution and enhancements to the infrastructure, product ideation and technology stack selection, work with other engineers to define execution architectures and strategies.
The individual should have 5+ years of hands-on application development experience supporting ranging from front-end to back-end technologies and stacks with good experience in designing, developing and operationalizing cloud-native applications using Agile methodologies. This position will be Back-end tech stack focused with a reasonable exposure to Back-end tech stack.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with product owners and team members to build industry-leading solutions.
- Design, implement and manage code within a managed service environment.
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Build best-in-industry Digital experiences that are truly omni-channel, agile and scalable.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Collaborate across teams and projects from concept development to project completion.
- Participate on scrum teams working on short sprints and ensure on time delivery with high quality.
- Create and maintain project documents and artifacts to capture current state.
- Troubleshoot issues and work with team to identify and address problems.
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net
- Experience with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with relevant code repository and project tools such as Team Foundation Server, SVN, Git, JIRA
- Ability to integrate APIs, write unit test cases, perform Unit Testing (UT) and System Integration testing (SIT)
- Experience with developing Cloud-native application and very good understanding of Cloud architecture and best practices
- Working experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Understanding of existing and emerging web standards such as HTML5 and Mobile
- Extensive experience in developing solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrated ability with Application Architecture, best practices and systems engineering industry trends.
- Solid understanding of Agile application development methodologies and release management activities.
- Contribute to the team’s ability to make and deliver on their commitments.
- Strong analytical skills and analytical thinking is needed.
- Solid or in-depth understanding of the insurance industry
- Ability to learn trending technologies and apply them to business solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented individual with strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed, a good team player and the capacity for effective time management.
- Ability to clearly communicate to both technical and business teams.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Certified AWS Certified Developer or Solutions Architect will be preferred, but not mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Cyber Security/Information Systems or related field.
- Master’s or any other higher degree preferred, but not mandatory.
Salary range: $105,000-$160,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 90020