Program Manager- Orientation and Family Programs
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Orientation & Family Programs, the Program Manager- Orientation and Family Programs supports a comprehensive student activities program intended to enrich the co-curricular experience of incoming undergraduate and graduate students and their families. The incumbent assists in fostering an inclusive and vibrant campus life through student engagement and community building by creating and supporting co-curricular programs, large scale campus-wide events, and college traditions. The Program Manager - Orientation and Family Programs is expected to maintain a visible presence and serve as a role model and facilitator to all incoming students. Must have ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor's required
- 2 years' experience with at least some professional experience in student activities and/or student development.
- Ability to develop programs and activities that encourage student success and maximize student retention
- Experience in developing programs and activities that encourage student success; ability to lead collaborative groups; demonstrated presentation and project management skills; demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; multicultural competence and computer literacy are required
- Ability to work independently and with good judgment to manage a complex job involving ambiguous tasks, multiple responsibilities, and an irregular and unpredictable schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently and develop strong relationships with students, staff, and faculty, interact at all levels with campus and community constituents and stakeholders
- Ability to effectively and creatively use technology
- Experience working with diverse populations and a demonstrated understanding of the issues faced by students who are members of underrepresented groups.
- Lead and direct various aspects of campus-wide social, cultural and educational orientation and welcome programming that supports the intellectual, personal, and social development of all students.
- Plan and implement Orientation for Fall and Spring, Friends & Family weekend, and Welcome Week programming.
- Manage office social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter etc.).
- Supervise student workers in office and programming tasks and participate in the hiring, training, and evaluation.
- Manage budgets for areas of responsibility including purchasing, expenses, forecasting and Concur submissions.
The expected hiring range for this position is $58,100 to $74,075 based on the position's scope and responsibilities.
Position TypeStudent Services
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.