About the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Director of Academic Operations for the Academic Affairs Division in the College of Professional Studies provides outstanding program management for graduate and undergraduate professional programs. The primary focus of this position is to support the hiring process, successful onboarding of faculty and support contracting and payment of part-time faculty. Responsibilities include job requisition management and hiring, period activity pay management, and workload reconciliation, other administrative responsibilities to support a first-class student experience and a life-long learning connection with the university.
40% - Period Activity Pay Management
- In collaboration with Program Management Team, generate all teaching contracts for part-time faculty and teaching confirmations for full-time and half-time faculty.
- Use Workday reports to track signatures and communicate to faculty to review and sign teaching contracts.
- Monitor and process adjustments, such as cancellation fees and Good Faith Consideration to period activity pay; work closely with HR to provide detailed reports for overpayment recoupment efforts.
- Create non-teaching affiliate contracts for program leads and unit heads to support college initiatives, academic improvement and research.
- Participate in the continuous improvement efforts to process all faculty pay more efficiently and accurately.
25% - Job Requisition Management and Hiring
- Request job requisitions be opened or closed based on need. Finalize details with faculty Program Leads and submit to HR.
- Manage job requisition content for updates when requisitions are closed and reopened every six months.
- Respond to and remove unsuccessful candidates.
- Keep track of qualified candidates who might be recruited later in collaboration with the head of recruitment
- Move selected candidates through the hiring stages in Workday; process initial Period Activity Pay, finalize and send offer letters
- Give direction and support to candidate on how to complete all necessary actions for a smooth hiring experience.
20% - Onboarding and Ongoing Support
- In collaboration with HR Team, ensure candidate has Workday tasks complete, NEU account claimed, is introduced to information resources like the HR Toolkit.
- Provide ongoing support to part-time faculty, answering queries and directing faculty to appropriate resources throughout their employment at CPS.
- Use information from the Part-Time Lecturer onboarding survey to make recommendations to improve the onboarding experience.
- Give accesses, direction and support to candidate on how to complete all necessary actions for a smooth hiring experience.
15% - Workload Reconciliation
- Reconcile semester schedules with payroll report to ensure monthly payroll output matches Workday input
- Reconcile faculty teaching assignments with previous term to ensure adjustments are made to workload for any deviations
- Send reports of necessary changes to director to update faculty workload sheets
- Master various university systems to better automate current reconciliation processes.
- Bachelor's degree with two to three years of experience in higher education, preferably with adult learners or in a high customer service environment required.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work well with multiple constituencies: students, faculty, academic coordinators, and program offices from Deans to support staff.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Teamwork and strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to balance multiple timelines and priorities.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday, and Banner a plus.
Position TypeAcademic Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.