Customer Service & Campus Operations Assistant
About the Opportunity
The Operations Assistant provides an array of campus support services, which may include the reception desk, room scheduling, events, technology coordination and/or general administrative work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, plan and organize work, and develop and maintain effective working relationships. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite necessary, as well as familiarity with using audio/video equipment and other technology. Other skills required include active listening, attention to detail/diligence, collaboration (develop and maintain effective working relationships), and problem solving. Knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and some experience in a professional, office environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The mixture of the duties may vary by location but typically includes a combination of the following responsibilities.
1) Campus Operations Support: Greet visitors, provide information and referrals; answer telephones, ascertain the nature of calls, take accurate messages, confirm appointments, and route calls in a professional manner. Provide assistance with campus operations, room scheduling for classes and events, services, and technology. Manage mail services, deliveries, and property access.
2) Event Assistance: Coordinate use of all rooms, elevator access, catering, janitorial services, security, HVAC, and other services and interact with technology support as needed. Remain accessible throughout the event for emergencies, questions, concerns, information, and assistance that pertains to the event/program. Sets up rooms by moving furniture for events and meetings and interacts with catering or other vendors. Maintain the professional appearance of the campus.
3) Administrative Support: Providing general administrative tasks, preparing and editing letters, reports, memos and emails, and other necessary tasks requested by the director. Assist with test proctoring as needed.
4) Classroom & Technology Assistant: Serve as technology assistant and campus liaison with ITS and local technology vendors. Assist with annual computer inventory. Perform basic troubleshooting for staff and faculty.The expected hiring range for this position is CAD $23.10/hr to CAD $28.87/hr based upon the position’s scope and responsibilities.
Position TypeGeneral Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.