Head of Operations - Institute of Experiential AI
About the Opportunity
The Head of Operations - Institute of Experiential AI plays a pivotal role in supporting the Executive Director of the Institute of Experiential AI in strategic planning, operations, and stakeholder management. Manage a wide range of responsibilities, from coordinating initiatives to overseeing administrative functions. Serve as the primary liaison between the Roux Institute and the Office of the Provost around positions, budgets and goals, will manage all administrative staff, and be an integral member of the IEAI leadership team.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are normally obtained through a Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Public Policy, Computer Science, Engineering). Ph.D. preferred and prior applied AI management or development experience preferred.
Proven experience in a leadership or strategic planning role, preferably in an academic or research environment.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of driving results.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Demonstrated proficiency in project management tools and software.
Prior substantial management of teams and operations
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and other senior leaders to develop and implement strategic initiatives that align with the Institute's mission and vision.
- Keep a close eye on deliverables and financial targets, ensuring the entire IEAI team is working collaboratively to meet those goals.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as industry partners.
- Represent the Executive Director and the Institute in meetings, conferences, and events.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, including budgeting, position management, resource allocation, recruiting and administrative functions.
- Oversee business development teams and optimize contracts for sponsored research and fee for service engagements including extensions, renewals and IP rights negotiations
- Streamline processes and implement systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage all administrative staff, ensuring a high level of professionalism and efficiency.
- Manage and establish industry partnership programs and ensure successful operations and growth of such programs.
Employee Engagement and Recognition:
- Offer employee engagement opportunities to foster a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Manage employee recognition programs
- Provide guidance and mentorship to a diverse team of professionals, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Identify opportunities for staff professional growth and development.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional projects and initiatives, ensuring timely delivery and quality outcomes.
- Monitor progress, track milestones, and report on project status.
- Manage and run public events, seminars and other functions of the Institute
Position TypeGeneral Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.