Director of Experiential Partnership Development
About the Opportunity
The Director of Experiential Partnership Development is a central, university-wide point of contact for the external employer partner community (and internal university constituents) looking to primarily host, facilitate, and/or engage Northeastern and its students for Co-op experiences and other experiential learning engagements. The Director will lead a new experiential partnership development function, working closely with the Office of the Chancellor, Co-op Directors, and their respective teams, Career Design, Alumni Relations, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, global campus partnership directors, and other relevant university stakeholders to implement an account-based model that seeks to increase Co-op opportunities and ensures employers are maximizing their Co-op experiences across the Northeastern landscape. The Director will set a vision and drive execution on matters such as Co-op partner prospecting, relationship management, job development, key performance indicators, data collection, and industry knowledge. In collaboration with relevant Northeastern units, the Director will also develop and implement process improvements for employer partnership strategies as needed.
- Candidates for the Director of Experiential Partnership Development must have demonstrated management experience and capabilities with strong networking and relationship development skills and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills and strong analytical and technical skills (Microsoft Office capabilities, etc.).
- Technical experience with job posting and CRM database usage/management is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired through completing a master’s degree (or equivalent) in higher education, career development, business administration, or other applicable and relevant graduate degrees.
- Five plus years of experience in partnership and job development, sales, employer relations, recruiting, experiential learning, or other applicable environments preferred.
- Develop and oversee a robust partner prospecting and partnership development pipeline with a pathway to greater engagement opportunities.
- Consistently set and manage partnership development targets to ensure that the University can generate the amount and type of student opportunities to support the University's leadership strategy and goals.
- Develop and oversee the technology strategy for industry leads to identify prospective partners and successfully convert them to key accounts.
- Mentor and manage a team of 4+ direct reports working to prospect new job opportunities across the university.
- Create a cohesive Co-op account management system that clearly defines how employers can work with and participate in the Co-op program.
- Work with other teams at Northeastern, including Strategic Partnerships, Career Design, and the Co-op teams in the colleges, to ensure that employers are maximizing their experiences across the Northeastern talent acquisition landscape.
- Surface new opportunities for employers to engage Northeastern students in experiential learning and other relevant talent pathways.
- Enhance overall internal collaborations with university colleagues across the Northeastern global network.
Data and Analytics
- Develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of employer partnerships, such as the number of Co-op positions secured, student satisfaction, and employer retention.
- Develop and implement process improvements as needed in all related function areas.
- Source and act on insights into industry and labor market trends as well as changes in employer needs to adapt partnership strategies accordingly.
Position TypeStudent Services
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.