Director of EAI Educational Programs
About the Opportunity
About the Institute for Experiential AI:
Do you want to be part of an exciting new Institute focused on the fusion of human and machine intelligence into working AI solutions?
We are launching a pioneering research and innovation hub in AI—one that will shape the way humans and machines collaborate for decades to come. Led by Dr. Usama Fayyad, the Institute for Experiential AI (EAI) is built around the challenges and opportunities made possible by human-machine collaboration. The Institute provides a framework to design, implement, and scale AI-driven technologies in ways that make a true difference to society. Our ability to respond to the opportunities afforded to society will depend on training and building a workforce that is AI-capable and prosperous.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
The Culture: Here at the Institute for Experiential AI (EAI) we are committed to the highest standards in all that we do. Working at the Institute for Experiential AI offers opportunities, an environment, and a vibrant, intellectual culture. This is the right place for you if you’re curious, motivated by the future of technology and want to be part of a unique community that works on high-impact business and societal problems.
Summary: We are seeking to grow our efforts around business, experiential and new approaches to delivering educational experience in AI. As part of the growth of EAI’s Educational Programs, the Director of EAI Educational Policy will be expected to design, manage and deliver learning products and experiences, at scale for EAI’s industry partners and partners across Northeastern’s Global University System. Apply a customer-focused approach to identify industry-partner learning needs and map existing courses, programs and instructional talent to meet those needs. In addition, some of the educational material should be done in bringing new AI courses to Colleges and to on-line programs (e.g. Coursera) at scale.
This will include following objectives:
● Build the Institute for Experiential AI into a leading provider of practice-based educational programs serving Northeastern University students, industry partners, and other external learners
● Support the Institute’s Educational Programs, contribute to driving forward national and international dialogues on AI education
● Lead the development and delivery of educational program offerings: develop and maintain the product roadmap including new and existing products. Analyze data and conduct external discovery to inform product development refinement. Engage consumers of educational programs and other relevant stakeholders to build out and cultivate learning product vision.
● Innovate the program life cycle including portfolio management and program strategy and end-to-end creation and deployment of partner programming including programming for key verticals (finance, insurance, health, life sciences, telecom etc.)
● Work with the academic units at the University to design and deliver practicum courses and professional training, giving learners the opportunity to work with real data on real world problems during their education. Work on approval of for-credit courses as well as badges and certifications in these areas.
● Work with the business development team to keep track of market needs and emerging trends in AI education to maintain differentiated and competitive offerings. Develop effective training methods for the sales team to be deeply knowledgeable about our educational offerings
● Engaging with existing and prospective institutional partners in need of education products
● Engaging government actors in need of AI Education
● Working with EAI marketing to create collateral in support of educational products
● Thought leadership on AI and Education
● Significant experience (5+ years) in designing and/or delivering professional learning experiences (strong preference for education in technology-related fields)
● Ability to communicate, lead and manage effectively across academia and industry.
● Entrepreneurial mind-set with an ability to navigate complex structures and processes.
● Ability to grow a practice in awareness, revenue and impact
● Experience in consultative product/program development and sales
● Ph.D. degree preferred, strong familiarity with AI field is important, teaching experience in AI a strong plus.
● Deep expertise in developing programs using practice based, innovative teaching methods.
● In-depth understanding of current trends in data science and AI and the AI ecosystem.
● Ability to initiate, negotiate and build partnerships with academic institutions, companies and NGOs.
● Ability to establish alliances across Northeastern University to establish potential opportunities for collaborations with other groups for the Education Program.
● Deep understanding of advanced technology on business and society and ability to work with stakeholders across academia, government and NGOs to propose valuable and timely educational products.
Responsibility Percent of Time:
- Maintain a cutting-edge training catalog, continuously improve based on learner needs and market trends (10%)
- Design and execute training courses in collaboration with contributors across NU, including production of online training (40%)
- Develop an on-line strategy for MOOCs and for delivery of interactive learning courses; inclusive of developing initial courses in these areas (30% )
- Work with marketing and business development for client engagement, communications and customization (10%)
-Build ecosystem partnerships and build alternative training delivery mechanisms (10%)
Position TypeAcademic Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.