Clinical Operations Manager
About the Opportunity
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders within the Bouve College of Health Sciences is looking to hire a Clinical Operations Manager for the Charlotte Campus. The Northeastern Speech and Language Center is a clinical practice operating in the structure of a university training program. This manager-level position is responsible for the oversight and daily management of clinic operations for the center, which provides a wide range of clinical services and are staffed with multiple providers and graduate student clinicians. This position assures the smooth and successful flow of patients/clients through the Center and compliance with regulatory policies. This position orchestrates the operational, financial, and educational responsibilities of the Center, employees, and Director. Other duties include maintaining office supplies and equipment and ensuring a well-organized work environment as well as providing administrative support to program faculty, and staff, and students as needed. The position is on-site at the Charlotte campus.
• 4-6 years administrative experience
• Previous supervisory experience required. Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred, in business administration or health related field.
• Knowledge and skills in the area of healthcare operations and patient relations preferred.
• Proficiency with computer systems/programs; Microsoft office products; familiarity with electronic recordkeeping and computerized scheduling desired
• Strong organization and management skills, with attention to detail
• Effective customer service skills and orientation to patient care values
• Dynamic communication skills for interactions with staff, students, diverse clientele, and clients/patients
• Flexibility, tolerance for change, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize daily activities.
• The ability to work well with multiple providers and students at varied levels of proficiency and efficiency.
Position TypeAcademic Administration
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.