Learning and Assessment Data Analyst
About the Opportunity
The Learning and Assessment Data Specialist is responsible for the technical and analytics support for the college’s academic program evaluation process that will include: management of the AEFIS platform for the assessment of program learning outcomes; data collection, analysis, and reporting of the annual program evaluation process; manage the documentation for program evaluation; analyze, interpret, and communicate data to support program use of assessment, and teaching and learning data from AEFIS and Canvas for continuous improvement; support the development and maintenance of Tableau dashboards and data visualization for reporting. This position will work in collaboration with the Registrar, University Decision Support, Academic Technology, and Office of Institutional Assessment & Evaluation, Enrollment Management, and Teaching & Learning Analytics groups to interpret and communicate outcomes data. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Assistant Dean - Decision Support and Academic Quality Assessment.
60% Program Assessment & Evaluation Reporting
- Manage a master calendar of all assessment deliverables related to internal and external program reviews
- Maintain an updated progress report on deadlines and communicate critical dates for program reviews to all involved stakeholders
- Track and report on the assessment deliverables to the various bodies: the Dean, Provost, professional accreditation bodies, as well as state, regional and federal regulators.
- Interpret findings in the institutional context and write analytical summaries and comprehensive reports for program-specific assessment, academic program review, strategic planning, and accreditation.
- Interpret and prepare learning and assessment data to contribute to reports and presentations created to discuss program effectiveness
- Support faculty and administrators in the use of assessment tools and reports
- Create faculty resources and guides for use of assessment data
25% Collection, Analysis, and Reporting of Learning and Assessment Data
- Manage the collection, aggregation, and reporting of direct and indirect measures of student learning data
- Provide analytical support to faculty and staff with the interpretation of assessment results in written and graphical forms
- Advise faculty and administrators to ensure tracking and maintenance of learning data points on an ongoing basis
- Oversee access to CPS learning and teaching data based on established federal and state policies, accreditation expectations, and University and College guidelines
- Ensure proper staging and stakeholder access for all annual and ad hoc reports in accordance with university-supported systems.
- Conduct routine needs analyses regarding college data (collection, sharing, reporting, etc.) policies and provide recommendations to senior leadership on where they can be improved
- Deploy learning analytics projects, and research and evaluation studies, and aggregate and interpret teaching and learning data for contributions to other reports and presentations, as needed
- Maintain and refine Tableau dashboards and reports on learning and assessment data
- Administer surveys and summarize survey data for internal and external stakeholders.
- Uses standard Informer queries to obtain data from the university database and systems to support the assessment, evaluation, planning, and reporting functions.
- Develop tools and measurements, including rubrics and survey questions, sampling approaches, and plans for equity-minded data analysis.
15% Manage the assessment platform AEFIS
- Manage the collection, aggregation, and reporting of assessment data for all CPS academic programs in AEFIS assessment platform;
- Support program faculty in AEFIS assessment data interpretation from Tableau dashboards and reports for program improvement and NECHE reporting;
- Audit assignment linking in AEFIS prior to term start to ensure data inputs are accurate and complete
- Represent the needs of CPS learners and faculty in conversations with the Office of Institutional Assessment concerning tools and platforms that support College and University assessment and reporting strategies.
This person must demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction and have a high level of skills in academic assessment data analysis and visualization, written and verbal communication. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record and willingness to engage with academic and operational staff, both within CPS and across the University, to coordinate and better facilitate data acquisition, integration, and coordinated reporting. S/he will collaborate often with CPS and University staff who manage data collection and reporting processes (Registrar’s Office, Academic Operations teams), as well as with staff in the Office of Strategic Research & Analytics, University Decision Support, Academic Technology, and other groups, to contribute to learning and teaching analytics projects at Northeastern.
- Master's Degree in Education, Social Science Research, Analytics, or a related field with 4 - 6 years of related experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to use assessment data and evidence-centered design to inform continuous improvement efforts and strategy, and/or to provide insights on key business questions.
- Fluency with learning theory and best practice approaches to learning design, especially for online, adult learners.
- Technical skills to extract data from a variety of systems and platforms.
- Proven ability to work well at a strategic level with faculty from multiple disciplines.
- Excellent analytical thinking and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and Access Qualtrics, and with Tableau, PowerBI, and other reporting tools required.
- Demonstrated data storytelling skills
- Python experience strongly preferred
Position TypeData Planning and Analysis
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.