Northwestern Mutual – Cincinnati is seeking a new representative to join our firm. A successful applicant will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, have a demonstrated history of personal success, value professional interdependence with a world-class company, have a high standard of ethics, and have a demonstrated interest in community impact and business development.
This position offers a performance-based compensation plan. The candidate will need to obtain their life and health certification before training begins and their investment licenses by the end of their first contract year with the organization. Northwestern Mutual provides training and reimburses costs associated with the certifications.
We've been helping clients achieve financial security for nearly 160 years. We are searching for an individual to help us carry on that tradition, by joining our firm in our Cincinnati office. Finance background is not needed. Our award-winning training equips you with the education, skill-building, and development strategies you need to be successful and confident in this career. With additional access to nationwide mentors and leaders, we will surround you with resources to help in your financial expertise, including but not limited to:
Personal Planning Analysis - Asset & Income Protection - Education Funding - Investment & Advisory Services - Trust Services - Retirement Solutions - Business Needs Analysis
Your goal is to discover each client's needs, goals, and dreams and help map a path to meet them.
- Advisors help clients to achieve and maintain financial security by providing financial advice and matching solutions with clients’ needs and goals.
- Develop rapport with clients and foster long-term relationships.
- Be knowledgeable about Northwestern Mutual financial products and financial market trends.
- Proactively build and maintain client bases, keep current client financial plans up-to-date
- Provide dedicated and focused client experiences.
Northwestern Mutual is a unique community that helps financial representatives/advisors thrive by providing:
- The #1 Training Program in the financial industry to get you started.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career.
- Leading industry products and solutions built on an integrated technology platform.
- Financial support for professional designations and certifications, Series 6 & 63, Series 7 and CFP
- The opportunity to design your roadmap to leadership and specialized roles.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition, and rewards.
You could be right for this opportunity if you have:
- 4-year degree; or equivalent professional work experience
- History of success
- Time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Interpersonal relationship skills
We are seeking people with a background in teaching, coaching, real estate, communication, marketing, mortgage lending, public relations, car sales, hospitality, training, management, accounting, business owners, sales, or technology.
For over 160 years, we have helped our clients spend their lives living through comprehensive and innovative financial planning. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with personalized digital experience and industry-leading products to give our clients the ability to successfully navigate their financial lives.
Our tailored approach includes multiple financial strategies—insurance, investments, and annuities—built to reinforce each other, keeping our clients consistently on track to meet goal after goal. We lead with unmatched financial strength and access to the best products and services for our clients. Our Financial Planners are valued partners.
We value an inclusive and belonging environment where everyone’s different viewpoints bring new successes!
- Why join Northwestern Mutual:
- #90, Fortune 100 company (2021)
- Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity (2018-2020)
- Top 10 US Independent Broker-Dealers1
- #1 Amongst Life Insurers Most Admired Companies2 for Financial Soundness
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2015-2021)
- $224 billion3 (retail investment client assets held or managed)
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid work schedule
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus