Wealth Management Track
NYC On-site- Please only apply if you live in the tri-state area*
Wealth Management Trainee Career Description:
When getting started on Wall Street it's important to join a firm that will give you the most opportunities for success. The Wealth Management trainee program will get you started in a difficult yet lucrative career. We're going to sponsor and pay for your licenses (Series 6/7, 63, Life & Health), and teach you how to work with Business Owners, Families and Individuals.
Think about a goal that you've accomplished; whether it was helping your team win a championship, paying off debt or running your first 10K; the feeling of accomplishment is undeniable. Now think about how helping others reach their financial goals will feel both for you and your clients.
Financial advisors with Northwestern Mutual help clients reach their financial goals, staying with them over time and evolving their plans as their needs change. And with more than half of Americans believing their financial planning needs improvement, a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities.
You'll partner with clients by creating personalized financial plans built on their unique needs and desires. And through our industry-leading solutions, you'll help them protect what they've worked so hard to achieve while also growing their assets for the future.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 4-year College Degree or
• Candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills
• Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
• It is also a plus if you have strong interpersonal management skills, are a self-starter who is motivated to become an executive, and has had personal success and professional success.
We want people with different backgrounds and work experience, including but not limited to:
• Financial management, insurance, and financial services
• Executive leadership
• Community influencers
• Former athletes
• Military background
A career with Northwestern Mutual not only provides outstanding income potential, but will provide you the opportunity of impacting the lives of others in a professional setting that emphasizes and values relationships and integrity.
Additionally, Northwestern Mutual is committed to offering its Financial Advisors/Wealth Management Advisors a comprehensive compensation and benefits program which includes:
• Exceptional Income Potential
• Leadership Opportunities
• Sponsorship of Licensing/Credentialing
• Development Stipends
• Expense Allowance
• Comprehensive Medical Coverage
• Retirement Package; Pension Plan
• Group Life and Disability Income Insurance
Devotion to its policy owners has led Northwestern Mutual through nearly 160 years of industry success. Some of our accolades include:
• #97 on Fortune 100 in 2018
• "World's Most Admired" Company in our Industry by Fortune
• Top 125 Companies for Training & Development (2009-2018)
• Top 10 Independent Broker Dealer by Financial Planning Magazine ('05-'18)
• Top 50 Companies to Launch a Career with by Business Week from ('06-'18)
• Named one of the "50 Best Places to Launch a Career" by BusinessWeek magazine
• Top 5 independent broker-dealers
Northwestern Mutual has always received the highest possible financial strength ratings from the four major ratings agencies:
• A.M. Best: A++
• Fitch Ratings: AAA
• Standard & Poor’s: AA+
• Moody’s Investors Service: AAA
• S&P Global: AA+