Financial Advisor - Winston Salem, NC
Our group in Winston Salem is seeking a highly motivated and driven individual to join our team as a Financial Advisor at Northwestern Mutual. As a Financial Advisor, you'll work collaboratively with other professionals to provide comprehensive and innovative financial planning services to clients.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients by providing financial planning services
- Conduct client meetings to assess their financial needs, goals, and risk tolerance
- Develop and implement financial plans to help clients achieve their financial objectives
- Provide investment advice and manage client portfolios to ensure they are aligned with their financial goals and risk tolerance
- Stay up-to-date with the latest financial trends and developments to provide the best possible advice to clients
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as attorneys and accountants, to provide holistic financial planning advice
- Meet regularly with clients to review their financial plans and make adjustments as necessary
- Generate new business through networking and referrals
At Northwestern Mutual, we're committed to providing our Financial Advisors with the best possible training and support to help them succeed. Our award-winning training programs and mentorship culture are designed to help you build your skills and knowledge in financial planning and investment management. In addition, our highly collaborative culture encourages teamwork and knowledge sharing, so you'll have access to a network of experienced professionals who can provide guidance and support as you grow in your role.
We believe that former collegiate athletes and veterans bring unique skills and experiences to this role, including discipline, teamwork, and leadership. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, including those from diverse backgrounds and those with disabilities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a retirement plan, and opportunities for professional development and growth. As a variable compensation role, there is no cap on your earning potential, providing unlimited opportunities for top performers.
Compensation & Benefits
- Variable comp. structure to support early development
- Renewable income
- Bonus programs and expense allowances
- Support for insurance licensing, SIE, Series 6, Series 7, Series 63, CFP®, and more
- Retirement Package and Pension Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Income Insurance
- Family Planning
You could be right for this opportunity if you have:
- 4-year degree; or equivalent professional work experience
- Entrepreneurial ambitions
- History of success in sales, athletics, military, client services, or client-facing roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex financial data
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
If you're passionate about helping others achieve their financial goals and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in financial planning and investment management, we encourage you to apply for this position!
For over 160 years, we have helped our clients spend their lives living through comprehensive and innovative financial planning. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with personalized digital experience and industry-leading products to give our clients the ability to successfully navigate their financial lives.
Our tailored approach includes multiple financial strategies—insurance, investments, and annuities—built to reinforce each other, keeping our clients consistently on track to meet goal after goal. We lead with unmatched financial strength and access to the best products and services for our clients.
Our Financial Representatives are valued partners, and proud business owners. We value an inclusive and belonging environment where everyone’s different viewpoints bring new successes!
Why join Northwestern Mutual:
- Fortune 100 company (2021)
- $224 billion3 (retail investment client assets held or managed)
- Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity (2018-2020)
- Top 10 US Independent Broker-Dealers1
- #1 Amongst Life Insurers Most Admired Companies2 for Financial Soundness
1 Ranking for Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC. Sources: Financial Advisor magazine and Investment News, April 2021.
2 To determine the best-regarded companies in more than 50 industries, FORTUNE asked executives, directors, and analysts to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria. Details at fortune.com
3 Combined client assets of NMIS and NMWMC as of June 30, 2021
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Representatives are Independent Contractors whose income is based solely on production.