Who We Are:
Northwestern Mutual is a financial services organization; our financial professionals provide consultation on wealth and asset income protection, education planning, retirement planning, investment advisory services, financial planning trust and private client services, estate planning and business planning.
Our Core Values at Northwestern Mutual:
- Personal Responsibility
Financial Planners help clients reach their goals by developing and implementing financial plans to show clients where they are today, plan where they want to go tomorrow, and provide the financial tools and support to help them get there.
Sounds exciting and scary all at the same time? Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know everything on day one. That’s why you’ll receive in-depth training and partner with industry experts until you’re ready to do it on your own.
This Career Offers You:
Stipends for training and licensing to help you get started.
The ability to positively impact someone else's life.
Personalized mentoring, coaching, and award-winning training programs.
Backing by Northwestern Mutual, an industry leader with a proven track record of success.
Can you see yourself helping others reach their financial goals?
Many people (50 percent) find their calling in financial services after working in other industries. Wondering if you’d be a good fit? See how many of the characteristics below match up to you:
-You know how to connect with people, building personal, trusted relationships.
-Financial planning is interesting to you.
-You’re a driven person who’s committed to succeeding.
-You’re ready to earn more for your hard work.
-You enjoy helping people make more informed, confident decisions.
-You're ready to live the life you want, both personally and professionally.
Comprehensive benefits package:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
-Two funded pension plans
-Life and disability insurance
-Health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts
-Reimbursement for licensing and ongoing education
We want people with different backgrounds and work experience, including but not limited to: financial services, business development, hospitality, banking, sales, marketing, management, educators, athletics, legal, communications, real estate, entrepreneurs, military veterans, and community influencers.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- FORTUNE 111
- Unsurpassed Financial Strength with total company assets of $350 billion.
- 97% of policy owners stay year after year (3)
- Top 10 Independent Broker-Dealer (4)
- $257 billion retail investment client assets held or managed by Northwestern Mutual (5)
- The largest direct provider of life insurance in the US.
- 5.0+ million total clients.
- Northwestern Mutual is set to deliver record-setting $7.3 billion in dividends to policyowners
- The company has paid a dividend every year since 1872, totaling more than $150 billion over that span.
(3) Loyalty is based on Northwestern Mutual client data
(4) Ranking for Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC (NMIS) based on total 2022
AUM, which includes figures that combine NMIS brokerage account activity and AUM with
account activity and AUM of investment advisory account of NMIS’s affiliate Northwestern
Mutual Wealth Management Company (NMWMC), which are held through NMIS. Source: Financial Advisor, April 2023.
(5) Combined client assets of Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC (NMIS) and Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company (NMWMC). The advisory programs offered by NMWMC are in conjunction with brokerage services from NMWMC’s affiliate, NMIS. NMIS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northwestern Mutual.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Northwestern Mutual is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer who welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce. We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment in which each employee can contribute creative ideas, seek challenges, assume leadership and continue to focus on meeting and exceeding business and personal objectives.
The company prohibits discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, citizenship status or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.