Financial Advisors/Representatives at Northwestern Mutual- Greater New York Group help their clients live more and worry less through our personalized approach to financial planning. As a business owner, they spend their days acquiring clientele and finding financial solutions with help from our best-in-class advisors, mentors, and products.
Build your practice with industry-leading risk products, advisory & portfolio management solutions, Concierge Planning Services, Advanced Planning Team, marketing consultation & resource center, and national brand campaigns. Northwestern Mutual offers career-long support and growth including concentrated training for those interested in leadership roles, specialized advisory, and teaming.
With access to both local and nationwide experts and leaders, you will be surrounded with resources to help you serve any client, including but not limited to:
Planning Experience - Asset & Income Protection - Education Funding - Investment & Advisory Services - Trust Services - Retirement Distribution Strategies - Business Needs Analysis - Succession and Generational Planning
As a Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor/Representative:
Build—Work to build a client base by growing relationships with your network and develop knowledge of NM financial products and market trends.
Educate—Educate yourself beyond training through sponsored licensing and registration as well as ongoing development. Use assistive software, reporting tools, and illustrations to educate clients on potential plans.
Influence— Presenting clients with the opportunity to protect and prosper, you will drive clients to action through expert influence and recommendations.
Own—Take ownership of development and management of the business as you master your craft and build a team. Review and maintain client financial plans, continuing to provide optimum advice for your clients’ needs.
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive grid rates
· Production-based compensation
· Bonus programs and expense allowances
· Support for continuing education, e.g. Insurance license, Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 CFP®, ChFC®, RICP®
· Retirement Package and Pension Plan
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Income Insurance
· Family Planning
You could be right for this opportunity if you have:
· 4-year degree from an accredited institution; MBA preferred
· Series 6 or 7 and/or Series 63 or 66 or desire to become fully licensed
· Proven success in the investment business or history of success in sales, athletics, military, client services, or client-facing roles
· Possess a strong understanding of comprehensive financial planning concepts
· Prior management or business ownership experience preferred
· Legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
Are you ready to change your life and the lives of your clients? Apply now!
For over 160 years, we have helped our clients spend their lives living through comprehensive and innovative financial planning. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with personalized digital experience and industry-leading products to give our clients the ability to successfully navigate their financial lives.
Our tailored approach includes multiple financial strategies—insurance, investments, and annuities—built to reinforce each other, keeping our clients consistently on track to meet goal after goal. We lead with unmatched financial strength and access to the best products and services for our clients.
Our Financial Advisors/Representatives are valued partners, and proud business owners. We value an inclusive and belonging environment where everyone’s different viewpoints bring new successes!
Why join Northwestern Mutual:
· Fortune 100 company (2021)
· Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity (2018-2020)
· Top 10 US Independent Broker-Dealers1
· #1 Amongst Life Insurers Most Admired Companies2for Financial Soundness
· Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2015-2021)
· $224 billion (retail investment client assets held or managed)al skills