GET MORE OUT OF YOUR CAREER
Choose a career where changing someone else’s life for the better is also life-changing for you – personally, professionally, and financially.
FINANCIAL PLANNING WITH NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL
Are you looking for more fulfillment from your career? Are you starting to think about a job change? Now’s the time to consider Northwestern Mutual.
Our financial professionals help clients reach their goals by developing and implementing financial plans to show clients where they are today, plan where they want to go tomorrow, and provide the financial tools and support to help them get there.
Sounds exciting and scary all at the same time? Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know everything on day one. That’s why you’ll receive in-depth training and partner with industry experts until you’re ready to do it on your own.
THIS CAREER OFFERS YOU:
The ability to positively impact someone else's life.
Personalized mentoring and award-winning training.
Backing by Northwestern Mutual, an industry leader with a proven track record of success.
CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF HELPING OTHERS REACH THEIR FINANCIAL GOALS?
Many people (50 percent) find their calling in financial services after working in other industries. Wondering if you’d be a good fit? See how many of the characteristics below match up to you:
- You know how to connect with people, building personal, trusted relationships.
- Financial planning is interesting to you.
- You’re a driven person who’s committed to succeeding.
- You’re ready to earn more for your hard work.
- You enjoy helping people make more informed, confident decisions.
- You're ready to live the life you want, both personally and professionally.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Commission structure to support early development
- Renewable income
- Bonus programs and expense allowances
- Support for insurance licensing, SIE, Series 6, Series 63, CFP, and more
- Retirement Package and Pension Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability Income Insurance
- Family Planning
INCOME GROWTH OPPORTUNITY:
Average vs Top 25%
Year 1 | $52,000 - $106,000
Year 3 | $103,000 - $202,000
Year 5 | $139,000 - $289,000
Year 10 | $234,000 - $490,000
Year 15 | $341,000 - $790,000
We want people with different backgrounds and work experience, including but not limited to: financial services, business development, hospitality, banking, sales, marketing, management, educators, athletics, legal, communications, real estate, entrepreneurs, military veterans, and community influencers. We hope you have a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from a four-year college or university. It’s also a plus if you have strong interpersonal skills, grit, motivation, and are a self-starter.
*** Financial Representative | Financial Advisor | Wealth Management Advisor ***
Why join Northwestern Mutual:
- Fortune 100 company (2022)
- Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity (2018-2020)
- Top 10 US Independent Broker-Dealers
- #1 Amongst Life Insurers Most Admired Companies for Financial Soundness
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2015-2021)
At Northwestern Mutual we believe that everyone deserves to ‘spend their lives living’ and that a strong financial plan is a cornerstone for ensuring that reality. Financial security is not just something that happens in retirement but is an enabler for our clients to spend their life living.
Our teams of financial advisors across the nation embody these beliefs and are committed to helping clients reach their financial goals. With over 50% of American’s citing that their financial planning needs improvement, a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities to serve this growing need.
Recognized by FORTUNE as one of the "World's Most Admired" companies, Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 170 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Lansing, MI 48823: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person