Financial Advisor - (Sales Role, Training Provided)
*Must be in San Diego or willing to relocate to San Diego area.
Our La Jolla, CA office just expanded and moved into new office space. We are growing and looking to add Advisors to the firm!
Ever thought about starting a business but don't have the cash or the resources to do so? Our Financial Advising opportunity with Northwestern provides all of the training, mentoring, start up costs associated with starting a business.
The role of a Financial Advisor is to help people accomplish their most important financial goals more efficiently. Your role will be to consult with clients and implement the necessary products and services. This career is not based on one-size fits all solutions but rather on a consultative approach to understanding and building relationships with clients. We offer insurance planning, investment planning, estate planning, and business planning.
Our best advisors are career disturbed for one of a few reasons. They want to have a bigger impact, they're capped financially, they want more growth opportunities or they want more control of their life. They possess an entrepreneurial spirit, experience in business development or sales, strong self-motivation, interpersonal and communication skills, a high standard of ethics, and shows interest in business or finance.
The advisor career with Northwestern Mutual allows one the opportunity to:
· Provide expert guidance and innovative solutions for the comprehensive planning needs of individuals, families, and businesses in the areas of retirement planning, insurance and investment services, estate planning, business planning, education funding, and employee benefits.
· Strive to understand their clients' goals and visions to develop holistic financial solutions that put their clients on a path to financial success.
· Maintain flexibility to build their own practice while receiving support from our firm’s exceptional network of financial specialists, training and educational programs, and mentoring opportunities.
· Develop a career that provides the opportunity to improve the lives of people in our community, coupled with substantial income potential.
The Greater Southern California marketplace is the number one marketplace nationally for our company and our office is growing rapidly. Northwestern Mutual emphasizes a developmental culture and we strive to find individuals who are committed to high levels of growth and success in every area of their lives.
Some of our accolades include:
· Fortune 100 Company
· Number one "World's Most Admired" company by Fortune magazine for over 25 years
· Named one of the “50 Best Companies to Sell For” by Selling Power magazine
· Named one of the "50 Best Places to Launch a Career" by BusinessWeek magazine
· Top 10 independent broker-dealer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program which includes:
· Unlimited Income Potential
· Leadership Opportunities
· Sponsorship of Licensing/Credentialing
· Significant Development Stipends
· Medical/Vision/Dental Coverage
· Two fully funded retirement plans; Pension Plan and 401(k)
Desired Skills and Experience:
BA or BS degree from a four-year institution preferred. Candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills. 3 years sales and/or business experience preferred. Candidate must also possess a history of personal and professional success. Prior financial services experience not needed -- extensive training platform provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid remote
Ability to commute/relocate:
- La Jolla, CA 92037: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- business development or sales: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in La Jolla, CA 92037