Wealth Management Track
Northwestern Mutual | Financial Planning Associate
We are seeking ambitious and driven sales professionals to help clients identify their financial needs and provide them with solutions to reach their financial goals. Northwestern Mutual's Financial Advisors, stemming from different backgrounds and experiences, build rewarding practices and client relationships.
Our Representatives are given the support of the highest quality training, a network of specialists, and mentoring opportunities. As a representative, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are building your own practice by helping their clients protect and grow their financial assets. Additionally, you’ll benefit from an unlimited earning potential based on your commitment, time, and effort.
As a Financial Planner, you will:
- Identify client needs and goals to provide a sense of security and safety surrounding their financial life.
- Develop meaningful long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Gain knowledge about the financial products Northwestern Mutual offers as well as financial market trends.
- Build, maintain, and continuously grow a portfolio of clients.
- Provide first-class client experiences.
You Will Gain Access To:
- A world-class training program to help you get started.
- Ongoing professional training and development throughout your career.
- Exclusive Northwestern Mutual financial products and solutions.
- Sponsorship for requisite licenses and certifications.
- A culture focused on ensuring a healthy work/life balance, collaboration, and diversity as well as recognition and rewards.
- An unlimited income potential directly tied to production
- Career growth opportunities with management and leadership potential.
- Benefits, including: Comprehensive Medical Coverage, Retirement Package/ Pension Plan, and Group Life and Disability Income Insurance.
Compensation is 100% commission. In addition, you may become eligible for the following benefits:
- Commission structure to support early development
- Bonus programs and Production Allowance
- Support for insurance licensing, SIE, Series 6, Series 63, CFP®
- Retirement Package and Pension Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Income Insurance
- Family Planning
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year institution preferred
- MUST live in Tri-State Area (NYC, Varying counties within NJ and CT)*
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- 3-5 years of sales/business or customer service experience preferred
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and enthusiastic presence
- An entrepreneurial spirit/desire to manage your own business and be accountable to your results
A career with Northwestern Mutual not only provides outstanding income potential but will provide you the opportunity of impacting the lives of others in a professional setting that emphasizes and values relationships and integrity.
Devotion to its policy owners has led Northwestern Mutual through nearly 165 years of industry success. Some of our accolades include:
- #97 on Fortune 100 in 2021
- "World's Most Admired" Company in our Industry by Fortune
- Top 125 Companies for Training & Development
- Top 10 Independent Broker-Dealer by Financial Planning Magazine ('05-'21)
- Top 50 Companies to Launch a Career with by Business Week from ('06-'21)
- Named one of the "50 Best Places to Launch a Career" by BusinessWeek magazine
- Top 5 independent broker-dealers
Northwestern Mutual has always received the highest possible financial strength ratings from the four major rating agencies:
- A.M. Best: A++
- Fitch Ratings: AAA
- Standard & Poor’s: AA+
- Moody’s Investors Service: AAA
- S&P Global: AA+
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance