College Financial Representative
Summer 2024 Internship-Northwestern Mutual Fort Wayne
Financial Representative Interns at Northwestern Mutual Fort Wayne help their clients live more and worry less through our unique approach to financial planning. Our interns, who come from varying academic backgrounds and experiences, begin to build a financial planning practice while employing local and nationwide experts, exclusive financial products, and the support of a Fortune 100 company. You will have the opportunity to build your confidence, develop a professional network, and change people’s lives by helping them achieve financial freedom. Here, hard work pays off!
Our internship program mimics our full-time Financial Representative role, allowing you to:
- Build your client base through prospecting and networking
- Call on potential clients and set meetings to understand their financial goals
- Prepare plans and offer useful recommendations
- Gain exposure to planning software platforms
- Get licensed with your Life, Accident, and Health insurance license
- Participate in weekly coaching, training, and development meetings
As a Northwestern Mutual intern, you can expect a flexible schedule to work around life and your classes. Get inspired at local and national recognition events, earn access to leadership programs, and collaborate with experts in our business. In fact, you’ll find diverse resources across our culture to ensure that you experience personal and professional growth in this program. With interest, eligible interns have an opportunity to interview for a full-time Financial Representative role upon graduation.
Are you a fit for this internship?
- Full-time student; juniors and seniors preferred
- Entrepreneurial and curiosity for sales
- Highly involved on campus (leader, campus orgs, student government, etc.)
- Excellent time-management skills
- Interest in financial literacy and planning tools
- Business savvy